Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And I have never said anything that would refute any of this. You may have missed the point. ??

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Well can you understand that people are pissed? Tell you what try walking over any border other than the US border. Look at the homeless situation in this country, over a half million people are they less human than the people coming over the border? They are being treaded that way.

oldnotdead and 0317 like this.
  3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    what part of ILLEGAL entry is not understood ... no matter what the reasons are for them coming here, they refuse to abide by our laws ... as Ive stated many times IF they want to live here, do so by following our laws ... this country can not handle the influx, and this is a plan of the left ... shut the border down, build the walls, put up more razor wire and SHIP BACK all those that refuse to follow the laws of this country, ie : ILLEGAL entry .... ... just try sneaking into Mexico/other countries and see what happens ....

5. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    I'm pissed too, that our government has failed us on securing the boarder. That is on us, not those that take advantage of a loophole that is wide open.

Have you or anyone you know taken in a homeless family? Do you volunteer at a shelter or help fund one? Have you lobbied your representatives to do something about the homeless problem? Talking about it wont change anything.

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That is rich I am not taking in a homeless family, there is no shelter within an hour of my home, my representative lives on the other side of the lake from me, he is part of our Friday night ice fishing crew. I will not comment on the donations I make. They may not have homeless people in rural Minnesota but there are families in need. I prefer to keep my donations at a local level. I prefer the local because it is not a charity with administrative cost and staff to pay. I was on the board of a couple 501c3's nonprofit, I know the game.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    cantexian, oldnotdead and fletch920 like this.
  9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    No part of that is misunderstood. They are taking advantage of a situation that we have allowed. Smart move, frankly. Again, I have always maintained that we need a secure boarder and vetted immigration channels. That is not the argument at all.

My point is very simple. When you use blanket statements about these people that makes them all out to be sub-human, you smear the Conservative movement and sound like an uneducated dolt that has become the poster child of Republicans for the left. You are feeding into the stereotype that all Conservatives look and act like a toothless drop-out knuckle dragger that have no merit. Murica!! Try having an original thought with just a modicum of class.
    3d96cd7ff355c3e4fef713006a9ac06c_nascar-fan-quickmeme-nascar-fan-meme_314-411[1].jpg

Bone Head Hunter likes this.
  10. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I never put words in your mouth as you tried in repeating the cockroach comment under my quote. I ASKED YOU QUESTIONS. my bad on missing ? mark. Which is now fixed. As to a psychotic rant...well I typed that in a rather calm and pretty orderly manner. Apparently it was a rant in YOUR mind not mine.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    fletch920 likes this.
  11. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

Hhmmm there you emplify the difference between a person willing to do good deeds and one needing to be a do gooder.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  12. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    typical, you sure you aint Germ in disguise ...... the last comments dont wash ... the plan is to over whelm the system, well its working .. and being all touchy feely aint gonna cut it .. laws must be enforced to protect this country .... there isnt a 'awww, they are so cute' clause in the Constitution ... enforcement at the southern border is need, heck past needed and this administration is allowing it to happen ... at least the previous Pres. was actually trying to get a handle on it. ..

13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    How to bring down a great country without firing a shot:

1. Accumulate overwhelming debt that will cripple the economy and the futures of our children and grandchildren.

2. Create a permanent underclass of people. Remove their incentive to work, thus destroying their dignity and humanity, all in the name of compassion.

3. Invite our enemies to live freely among us because, if we are nice to them, they will like us. If they kill us, it will be our fault for not being nice enough. And we must never call them what they are – militant Islamic jihadists/illegal aliens, etc. . That will only inflame them and cause their numbers to rise.

4. Create an open border. Allow anyone to come into the country for any reason, no questions asked. Tie the hands of law enforcement so they are not able to effectively do their jobs. Create sanctuary cities and states where illegal criminal immigrants can live and create havoc without fear of ever being detained or deported. Again, all in the name of compassion.

**5. Shut down rational discussion by labeling anyone who doesn’t agree with you a bigot, homophobe, xenophobe, Islamophobe, Nazi or fascist, knuckle draggers, etc.

6. Allow liberal extremists to infiltrate the educational system. Do not teach students about the greatness of America. Do not teach them about the Constitution or the Declaration of Independence. Instead tell them that this country was immoral from its founding. Do not tell them about the good things America has done and how it has been a beacon of freedom for the entire world. Teach them about Islam and the Quran, but don’t allow anyone to mention Jesus or the Bible. Do not teach them to be critical thinkers, but do teach them to have self-esteem, even if they cannot read or do simple math.

7. Teach children they have a right to never be offended and that hearing an offensive word is the worst thing that can happen to them. Make certain words and symbols taboo and teach them that anyone who uses them should be called vile names and be severely punished. This will create a bunch of cry baby “adults” who believe they are entitled to never be offended and, if they hear an offensive word, must seek therapy and demand they be provided a “safe space” where they do not have to hear any words they find offensive or opinions that differ from their own.

8. Elect a president who has little or no regard for the Constitution or any other law of the land, but will cite the Constitution when it suits his political agenda – a president who will brazenly lie even when the truth is obvious. And, since the population has been largely dumbed down (see No. 6), they will believe what he says without question.

Thomas Paine once said, “He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” So if anyone is offended by the above, I guess “you can’t handle the truth.” Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

14. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Copy and paste much?

fletch920 likes this.
  15. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    only when needed to get a point across .. nice deflection.. show me where what is written is wrong .. when one cant dispute what is written, deflect or yell racist ....

16. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    and in other news ... only took 54 years to catch up to the guy .. his name was synonymous with Mayor Richard J. Dailey back in the day

Top Chicago Democrat Convicted on 13 Corruption Charges
    https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/br...crat-convicted-on-13-corruption-charges-mace/

Edward Burke, a former alderman and a prominent figure in Chicago’s Democratic politics, was found guilty of 13 federal corruption charges after a six-week trial. Burke, who served on the Chicago City Council for 54 years, faced charges including racketeering, bribery, and attempted extortion.

17. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  18. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Gosh I do have questions
    Tell me why I have not heard any effort to look into " Follow the money " when it comes to the border?
    Have they looked into the ownership and Financials of :
    White House officals
    Subcontractors,
    " non for profits"
    The list is long and crosses over to the Mexican gov. That Biden’s administration is " negotiating " with.
    It's about time there is a offical reporting/documentation of every single word spoken in every single meeting. A record that can be reviewed by a oversight committee. No more closed door non recorded meetings. No more only party officials of those in charge being the only ones present. 2 party system, well there is a reason for that and the party not in charge needs to start being a first hand silent wittness to what's happening. This with no more Adam Shchiff BS of lies allowed without actual documentation being heard and read.

0317 likes this.
  19. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    scenario !! illegal imigrants sneak into your home at 2am, help themselves to your food, tv, toilet paper, guns, cell phones, But hey, theyre good people only in need !! do that in my house you also receive extra lead for free, 5 shot to be exact, same thing at the border, you are illegaly invading, just like my house same damn thing ! NUFF SAID !

20. Grouch

Grouch Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this si rich !! New York going to court to tell chik Fil ay to open on sundays, First, this is communism at its finest, second, I thought liberals hated chick fil aye for being conservative ! Our Founding fathers should be rising and grabbing gun s,