Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with you however I will not listen to a damn Canadian **** talk our horse **** politicians.

oldnotdead likes this.
  2. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    In Wisconsin a Hunter Safety Certificate will qualify one for a concealed carry permit. That's how I got mine.

Carrying in a bar in Wi is legal if the person is not consuming any alcohol.

In the 4 years I've owned a bar we have only asked 2 people to leave because they were carrying and consuming alcohol. I don't know how many people we didn't catch because a properly concealed weapon and well mannered behavior don't attract attention.

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  4. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  5. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  7. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    This is accurate, pistol training is rare depending on the MOS. I shot my pistols much more off duty than for training; rifle on the other hand is much different. There are a lot of people in the military that get little to no firearms training, it's scary to train some soldiers on basic marksmanship. When I was in a leadership course with mixed MOS's, us infantry guys trained the cooks, clerks, mechanics etc. how to do MOUT (urban warfare), lets just say, a lot of muzzles flashed everyone in the room. Thankfully they did not give them live ammo...I wouldn't have trusted them with blanks. I'm not bashing all the support jobs, there was a trumpet player with the 101st band I would have taken to battle any day, he was a really good dude.

8. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

9. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    So morning news actually found a hat knitter that voted early and is now lamenting how unfair because her candidate is no longer in the race and the snowflake's vote is meaningless. Boo f'ing hoo.

arrowflinger1, oldnotdead and GregH like this.
  10. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Now even politicians are pushing such.

FB_IMG_1583245741268.jpg

11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hate that yaaaaas thing. I do.

12. opossumhunterNC

opossumhunterNC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    How do they prove it was you behind the wheel? What if you let your friend/relative borrow your car and they run a red light, do you get stuck with their ticket?

13. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You get a real nice picture if yourself but ultimately it's on you even if was someone else driving. I sold a car down in Dallas and before the title transfer went through the joker got popped at two lights. It was more convenient for me to pay it than argue it, total racket.

14. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bernie, has AOC and Omar both under investigation backing him.
    Biden is under investigation and Oh wow has 3 ex candidates,2 that people of color really don't like and a skate boarding twit backing him. Then there is Bloomberg, with apparently more money than self respect.

GregH and Sota like this.
  15. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    It is on you, to fight a wrong. Daughter had a cop follow her into her drive to give her a ticket for running a stop sign . Then yell at her for driving the extra hundred yards to get to her drive to be safe. She told him not to bother writing such a ticket she would fight and win. That he knew she had come to a full stop. He took a, I'll show you stance. She actually went out and got a witness to prove she didn't run the sign. It was the guy that passed her to pull into his drive as she sat at the sign. She put on such a good defence the judge ripped the cop a new one in open court. That's my girl!!!

16. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Idaho has been "right to carry" for a year or better now. All of the doom and gloom from doing so that the anti's spouted would happen has failed to make an appearance. I haven't seen anyone even "printing" let alone full on accidently flash a weapon, and when you carry yourself you find yourself looking closer. Absolutely zero issues...it's like it never happened, news about it is non existent.
    At first I was a little disappointed they were doing so since I had long since jumped through the hoops to get a concealed license (show some sort of safety training proof, hunter's ed is accepted; pay money to get fingerprinted; wait 227.3 years for approval to come through; pay more money and get your picture taken), but they are still super convenient when buying a new gun. Every single time I bought a rifle or pistol before getting the concealed the clerk would tell me the background check system is super fast and takes about 10-15 minutes, but then it would magically not come through and I'd need to come back the next day. One time it was 3 days before they finally called, and it was a rifle I was buying. I've never been arrested or even came close to being arrested.
    I find it very satisfying to plunk a concealed license on the counter and avoid the waiting.

GregH likes this.
  17. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    WTH! Bidden putting
    "Hell ya,I'm coming for you AR15 and your AK 47" Beto in charge of his gun control policy.
    These Democrats are all holding their noses and jumping off the cliff!

18. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Get four hours of credit toward ccw class here for that. There's few other things that'll give you credit. Vets get 8 of the 16 but still haveta shoot. The shooting is kind of a joke and unless you're blind I'm sure anyone can pass. 10 rounds at 5, 7, and 10 yards hitting target 70% I believe. So you pretty much gotta try to not pass.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GregH likes this.
  19. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To quote a wise old whiskey drunkard "You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run"

My time is worth more money than a couple of $90 tickets. I called and after speaking to one of the Dallas dipsh**ts and what I needed to do, I just payed the ticket. I can be out making money vs taking the time to try and save $180. It's not just as easy as here is the title and the date I sold it.

dnoodles likes this.
  20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: