Political venting

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Artem256, Jun 1, 2019.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And there we have it, wealth redistribution based on race/wealth. Awesome. At least she is being honest...so out of 100 she earns a .0000000001%.

20220525_105001.jpg

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I mentioned guns as they are the topic du jour. But even if you could eliminate all guns, there would be something else to take their place. Someone intent on evil will find a tool and way...

Your experience also a testament to how well red flag laws and process work...unfortunate.

cantexian likes this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Here's another thing I can talk about, FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE.
    Husbands been and is school construction / rehab.
    All during covid, essential works at the time, nothing for that. security measures, nothing for that. Though these schools have fantastic gyms, kitchens, labs, and auditoriums.

4. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Hello normal Americans. You know the ones who drink beer, eat at steakhouses on occasion, resist being told what to do, love or dislike people based on their actions and not political affiliation nor race, those that stick to a pledge of say like paying back student debt because that was your choice, the ones that kick in when things get hard and hold the line against idiots and criminals, the ones will proudly say they love this country even though it can be a nasty place from time to time...well here is to you normal Americans. Thanks for loving chocolate and vanilla ice cream, wearing normal clothes, and speaking like you have the sense that God gave a goose. Have a good day.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Whatever is happening in this country is not normal.

virginiashadow and oldnotdead like this.
  7. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Incredibly sad to read this sentence: “It was the nation’s deadliest elementary school shooting since the 2012 massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary in Connecticut.”

Elementary school children… Again.

Breaks my heart and makes me sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldnotdead likes this.
  8. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We can lock the doors at schools and rid the country of firearms, but this nonsense will exist.

Student that drove his xxxxx through crowd at soccer game had disturbing content on his social media accounts.

Man who used sickle to slash and kill 7 on busy sidewalk was know by authorities.

I've said it before, where there is a will there is a way. Whether that be good will, evil will or free will, they will find their means.

I have a better idea, how about we start letting kids be kids again? Stop with this no one left behind, common core math, participation trophies as there are no winners or losers, discipline and punishment that fits the behavior. You know, the way it used to be for decades.

You are always going to have oddballs in life, not just humanity but every species known has its issues with bullying, just a mean being or one that is mentally not right. Happens in the wild all the time.

Today's youth are exactly what the Democrats have created with this inane concept that they know how better to raise and educate your children than you do. They created this with all this BS non gender assignment, dragqueen reading sessions, drag pageants etc.

You want to be accepted? Act like a damn human being and accept yourself as you are, you'll be surprised at how accepting others are when you can do that. I don't give a damn your sexual preference, how many colors you can adorn, what your race is or what you see yourself as. Act like a decent person and I will return that favor twofold. You don't need to act out to stand out. You'll be surprised at how many are more tolerant amd accepting than you think.

There's always going to be bullies and mentally disturbed out there, it will never completely disappear lile Democrats will lead you to believe, but by doing that, those types will stand out more and can be dealt with as needed.

Brian Walters likes this.
  9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Sick because if not completely preventable it could be least slowed down, lack of a better word there at the moment.
    Had kid in daughters school, one road over. Had her worried then started showing up, well I was in a hospital bed in living room due to an accident incapacitated . I started making calls. Found out he had been caught in a girls closet, unknown, by another family. He was asking daughter for her chemistry ans physics books. Why? we'll he was research not only nuke bomb making in essence homemade dirt bombs but bombs in general. I called the sheriff's. I started with this is probably nothing and I'm not hysterical, but it's not normal either. They checked it out and put a notice on him then called me back. Glad that I had called and to inform me to their udder dismay and anger.
    It had been an assigned school project.
    We are not and have not been keeping a needed eye and brakes on what is happening to our kids IN school and by TEACHERS. They will ,schools, go after a student's off campus social media bullying,but no one is monitoring in class teacher behaviour. Kids fearing retaliation from staff for snitching.
    This falls in a lot of laps the NRA being the less dangerous one.

10. ImThere

ImThere Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ok but why? Everything we hold value to is behind a lock. Why not our kids?
    Lock the house? Check
    Lock the car? Check
    Lock the safe? Check
    Our kids? Nope have at them for killing or or sex trade? What in the actual F———k!

BTW. You would have to shoot or break the door down to get in the little high school my daughter goes to. Hit the buzzer, explain you business, show I.d. To the camera, Then they will let you in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    What a world we live in where something this tragic happens and the first things we do is point the finger at the other political party and blame blame blame. Forget the god damn politics. 18 innocent children just lost their lives. Figure something out. Anything.

Germ likes this.
  12. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You don't think the Democrat policies being forced on the children are altering their behaviors?

Why is mental instability in youth so high these days?

What do you blame these things on?

I'm not here to argue with you, we've disagreed in the past and I'm good with that.

I do believe that a lot of this is created by politics and will stand to that.

MnHunterr likes this.
  13. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And lastly, where did Biden go with it 20 seconds into his public address? Politics

Last edited: May 25, 2022
    cantexian and oldnotdead like this.
  14. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    I understand about getting jn the front door, but schools have dozens of exit doors due to fire code, movement around building, etc. There is no system that can keep a large building in check with so many unknowns. We have large fights in our school system, ones that start from people opening exit doors and allowing in whoever they want. People have free reign during indoor sports events. Who is watching during a basketball game if someone wanted to walk in and hide a cache of weapons for later use? No one. Schools are very unsecure places.

Brian Walters likes this.
  15. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    9 year old girl caught in the crossfire here yesterday. Fighting for her life. This gang life mentality is the worst culture in our country's history. Infecting kids.

16. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:

We have to period. The problem is there are fractions in both parties that could use a finger wagged at it.
    The BIGGEST is the ones teaching our kids. The Gov. Has control of our public schools and those schools are controlled by...one party and the union. It is crazy people worry about the developing mind of their child in the womb,through to preschool. Then practically abandon them from there on, to radical immoral nut jobs . Twist a brain long and hard enough and it becomes warped and or broken.

17. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Democrat policies are not telling people to shoot up a school, no.

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guns aren't either. So did the human race all of a sudden just start breeding psychopaths?

Maybe mandatory abortions are the answer afterall.

19. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    And yet it happens everyday in Chicago and other major populaces and it's just a part of life.

My city is getting ridiculous as well. 14-20 year olds.....

Screenshot_20220525-124801_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20220525-124812_Facebook.jpg

MnHunterr likes this.
  20. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I said nothing about guns. I will just say this again and leave it at that.

Whatever is happening in this country is not normal.

axtell343 and cls74 like this.