Poachers fine

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by NebMo Hunter, Oct 4, 2021.

1. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    https://www.bowhunting.com/?post_type=article&p=147327

is the fine too much? If you break it down by deer its an average fine of $5,700. The question then becomes is $5,700 a reasonable fine for poaching.

Id say yes, this jerk just accumulated 60 separate $5,700 fines. Add to all this use of a felony possession of a firearm and I don't feel bad for the guy.

JeffKo likes this.
  2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Too much, imho, no. States usually have a model for fines...the questions I have :

Will the fees be plead to a lower amount?

Assumed, they will lose privs in multiple states with the compact that exists.

Is it too little? Replacement cost would be what, if he could replace via say a deer farm + CO time + biologists time + legal time, etc...

3. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I say triple it

In Venatione Veritas

4. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    should have been more $$ (he'll never be able to pay it as it is), longer jail time and LIFETIME suspension of hunting rights .. I despise poachers, esp. jagwagons like this ass ..

5. Nick Lewandowski

Nick Lewandowski Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta agree with 0317 for the lifetime suspension/ban. And gotta say I agree with fix in the fine should be tripled.
    The man had no respect for the wildlife to fairly chase them. Also this could have detrimented the deer herd in that area, depending on how often he committed these acts. If not to make an example out of him to deter further poaching.
    Poaching is something that unfortunately I believe will always be around. But with the chance to make an example out of someone(especially for as much as this guy did) for poaching it may help deter poaching.

MUDSHARK likes this.
  6. JeffKo

JeffKo Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a mixed bag on this one... It seems extreme 60 Animals. I'd like to know where they came up with 60, unless he confessed. On the other hand. We're all follow the rules, its these guy that bring the hammer down on the legal hunters. I've always said; slap on the wrist won't stop you from stealing...you want all these criminals to learn; Hit their bank account.

7. Owen Darrow

Owen Darrow Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It's tough because you want the fine to be attainable but hurt him financially...that being said he's large scale poaching and he's ruining the fun for everyone that hunts...screw him.

LittleChief and Mod-it like this.
  8. FatMan

FatMan Newb

Dislikes Received:
    If none of us follow the rules- screw that guy