Plotwatcher Pro Question

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Farmer Brown, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If anyone has any experience with the Plotwatcher Pro could you help me out?

The files are saved as a gamefinder file (.tlv) which I cannot edit or upload anywhere. I try to export the file as a .wml file but it will not export it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Smitty0220

Smitty0220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if this will help, but I ran into a similar problem with another similar camera and found that I had to use that companies application in order to view the images.
    Here is a link I found that might help you..... good luck and let me know how you make out. I was looking at the plot watcher and did not know this was how they saved the files.
    File extension TLV - Simple tips how to open the TLV file.

3. Farmer Brown

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Smitty I will give it a shot after work today!

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Farmer Brown

Dislikes Received:
    I have the gamefinder software but all you can do is view it in that software. I want to upload to youtube or something like that.

6. Farmer Brown

Dislikes Received:
    To anyone in the future or anyone with the same problem...

I am assuming that you are using Windows 10 as that is the only operating system that we have seen this problem with. If you are on another OS, please let me know.

There is an issue that has been created when Microsoft came out with Windows 10 in that they have not included all of the tools needed to convert our files to .wmv files. We originally thought that loading Windows Media Player would cause the missing tools to be placed on the PC and thus solve the problem but that turned out to be incorrect. We are still trying to determine what is needed to resolve this issue.

In the meantime, the best workaround that we can offer is to save the files and/or clips as our "native" .TLV file format. In reality, the "TLV" format is nothing more than the very commonly used "AVI" format, but we label it differently so that the PC will know that it wants to use our GameFinder software as the preferred video player when it sees that .TLV file extension. So, if you simply same the file and/or clip that you want to edit as a ".TLV" file, you can then go in and manually change the file extension to ".AVI". Once you have done this, other video players like Movie Maker will recognize the file and allow you to import it and modify it.

Also, we set up the .WMV format option several years ago as a way to make sure that file sizes of clips were small enough to email and post online. However, as technology has progressed, larger file sizes created by .AVI files (same as .TLV), are most often small enough to email and post online and they have better image quality than you will get with a .WMV file. So, depending on what you are trying to do, you may want to try using the .TLV clips.

Hope some of this helps and sorry for the problem. We are continuing to work on it.

Russ
    Day 6 Outdoors

7. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I should have read that closer.

8. Smitty0220

Smitty0220 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Russ - Thanks for that great explanation. Primos was not as accommodating. The ONLY program that would run their files was their own software. This made it very difficult to operate. Now that I know, I will be picking up a plot watcher!

9. Farmer Brown

Dislikes Received:
    I love my plotwatcher hopefully tomorrow I can put up a compilation of the videos I have