PLEASE...Need help getting cat urine smell out of concrete.

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Mukwonago19, May 10, 2016.

1. Mukwonago19

Mukwonago19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So, aside from getting rid of the lovable little sh*ts, does anyone have a homemade recipe for getting cat urine smell out of concrete? The litter boxes are in the basement, and although they are still using the boxes, one, or more of them must be peeing on the concrete floor, as there is a strong odor, even though the boxes are cleaned daily. Not sure if it's a pissing match between the two males or what, but I did notice a wet spot along the wall, and at first thought that it was just a little moisture from all the rain we had lately. I plan on getting a black light to try to see where it is, but I want to know if anyone has a sure fire recipe for a cleaner, and how to use it. Once I tackle the odor, I plan on sealing the concrete. Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks

2. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    OdoBan. Comes in a bottle. It works pretty good.

3. Mukwonago19

Mukwonago19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Shocker99, I will look into that. From what I've heard, I need enzymes to actually break down the urine, and eat it. Are there any cover scents/ scent destroyers for hunting that have enzymes in them?

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can also try cleaning the spots with white vinegar.

5. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bleach and water is what we've done in the past with our cats. If one is peeing off to the side it is either a full litter box that they're pissed at or perhaps something is wrong with one. We had a cat that ended up with liver problems and was peeing off to the side. Often in places where we stored stuff too so the smell stayed until we found a box it had used.

6. Mukwonago19

Mukwonago19 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully there isn't any issues as far as health concerns go, and thankfully, there isn't anything other than the concrete floor, and the litter boxes. I've heard that you can see urine using a black light or UV light, I will give that a try, and hopefully pin point the area. It would be easier to have the cats 'accidentally' get out of the house, but the one cat (who is the freakiest one), will play fetch with anyone for as long as they will throw the ball. I have literally played fetch with him for an hour while watching Shark Tank. He launches off the couch with reckless abandon, gets the ball, and brings it back and drops it at my feet. Really cool.

7. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received: