Planning hot weather clothing

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by oobray, Feb 3, 2016.

1. oobray

oobray Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, I'm starting my clothing plan for early season next year. Typically in October we'll still have temps occasionally in the 100's but definitely in the 80-95 range. It usually only gets into the 60's at night for the first few weeks. So... I'm trying to figure out my clothing for next season. This year I wore a couple of UA heat gear shirts I have which worked great, but stink after first couple hours. You can rinse them out with a bottle of water though. Only one is camo (multi cam) but that isn't a huge deal as there's so much foliage around. I'm really looking for pants. I have BDU style pants but the rip top is REALLY hot fabric. I wore a light nylon pair of Columbia fishing pants but the thigh area snagged on every thorn I came within 6" of. Sometimes it seemed like the pants literally reached out and grabbed thorns I wasn't even walking near. And of course that tore my legs up. I'm hoping to find a light pair of pants with some thicker material in the thigh/shin area. Anyone ever heard of such a thing? I thought of brush chaps but they go circumferential around the thigh which would be hot.

2. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I've lived in one of the hottest parts of CA my whole life. My hot weather clothing has always been a t-shirt or tank top, and cargo shorts. UA makes some great gear but less is more for the heat. Hydration is more of a concern than clothing. I'd rather take pokes to the legs over pants lol.

3. oobray

oobray Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Ha, I've never been to socal but we got thorns bigger than most pocket knives. Worst are actiallally the little tiny ones that look like fuzz. Oh, tics too. I had over 300 last year.

4. cawwwrin

cawwwrin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ouch we dont have those. Might have to tough it out and wear pants >_<