Places to stay in Nashville

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MN_Jay, Aug 19, 2015.

1. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My wife is turning 40 this October so we are planning a surprise trip for her. In total there is going to be 12 of us going and let me tell you this, planning a vacation for 12 people so that nobody is complaining about something or another is something I'll never do again.

In any case we finally decided that Nashville is the place, we will probably fly down on Wednesday and stay until Sunday . I was pretty excited for the trip until I started looking at hotels. Holy crap, $350 a night to stay downtown is not something I can ask the other five couples to pay.

So my question is, does anyone know of any hotel that's fairly close to downtown that is more reasonable? I can see a bunch on hotels.com but I would rather hear some personal experiences. I also looked into vacation rental by owner but there are very limited choices for that many people.

Lastly, any must do's?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The Gaylord is the only place I have stayed in Nashville, that is not downtown but it is at the grand old opera. Not cheap other but they might give you a deal on 12 people.

3. Devil Horns

Devil Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the yogi bear campground. They have multiple cabins. We stayed there for the country music festival. It's a little bit outside of town but close to the grand ole opry. Great town. You will have a blast. We have been there for the country music festival twice.

4. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Great thread because I am planning a short stop in Nashville for a few nights in early October.

5. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What sort of hotel accommodations are you accustomed to/expecting for the group? I've stayed in hotels ranging from $35-$400 a night in Nashville, and the classiness is about what you would expect for both ends of that spectrum.

Definitely a night on the strip of touristy honkey tonk bars is a must do while in Nashville. ACME is my current favorite bar in town. Really awesome atmosphere upstairs and some great food downstairs. Might catch a Titans game on an October weekend if you are into the NFL. Cock of the Walk is a famous place to eat in Nashville somewhat, it is old fashioned country food like fried catfish and cornbread. Seeing the Opry is a cool half day. The riverwalk area is pretty at night with some cool places to stop in for a drink.

6. MN_Jay

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the responses. I guess the type of accommodations is a holiday inn/best western type of hotel. I'm realizing that to get this type of hotel for around $150 a night we can't stay downtown - we realise that we would be cabbing it around and are fine with that. I was hoping for something fairly close (couple miles).

Thanks for the suggestions Tembry, we will have to fit a lot in 3 - 4 days and plan on making the most of it.

7. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just got back from Nashville on Tuesday. We stayed at a Condo complex called the Wyndam. I believe the unit we stayed in was $150 per night. Two bedroom, two bathrooms, fold out sleeper bed in the living room created a 3rd bedroom. Super clean place, loved it. It is 10 minutes from down town but they have a shuttle from the Condo to down town that run on the hour until 1:30am. $10 per person per day round trip.

http://www.wyndhamnashville.com/?ho...PiUkRjhKm3-JClMX-v0ZGLA-cFJAiEHlvChoCCp3w_wcB

8. MN_Jay

Dislikes Received:
    I'll check it out, was that $150 a night for the whole unit or just per bedroom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk