Pine Ridge Archery

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by LittleChief, Aug 24, 2021.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I decided I needed to try a 7/32” peep sight.

I’ve shot 3/16 for years but it was just a bit too small for me to see all of the sight housing. I tried boring it out a bit but I couldn’t quite get it large
    enough to suit me.

On the new bow I tried a 1/4” peep and screwed the large sight housing ring on my Spot Hogg Fast Eddie. I can shoot with it but I feel like it’s too big and too much visual input.

7/32” peeps are harder to find so I ordered one from Pine Ridge Archery. My order came in very quickly and I opened the package to find that I had received a 1/8” peep.

I sent them an email and they were quick to let me know that I had ordered the 1/8”. I thought I knew what item I selected, but when I went back to the confirmation emails it did say 1/8”.

Of course they offered to let me return it for a replacement, but I told them I wasn’t going to bother returning a $8.50 item and I would just order another one.

Brian (the company President) at Pine Ridge Archery sent me a promo code for 40% off a replacement, but I didn’t use it when I ordered again. I told them they shouldn’t lose money due to my lack of attention to detail.

This company has fantastic customer service.

Oh, and if anyone could use a 1/8” peep sight PM me your address and I’ll send it to you.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    JeffC, airenlow, Suncrest08 and 3 others like this.
  2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Funny topic - I just talked to Brian this morning. I've known him for over 15 years. We've shared hunting properties together in the past and will be doing so again this fall. He, and the rest of the guys at Pine Ridge, are about as good as they come in this business. Glad he took care of you!

alenhard15 and LittleChief like this.
  3. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use their fletching glue ... good glue ... sounds like a good company ^^ ..

LittleChief likes this.
  4. JW Gruv

JW Gruv Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the heads up - I never knew anyone made a 7/32 peep. Just like you stated the 3/16 is too small and 1/4 is too big

LittleChief likes this.
  5. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    If you order one it’ll show up quickly.

Just make sure the correct size shows up in your cart before you check out. :lol:

JW Gruv likes this.
  6. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    When the President of a company takes time out of his day to respond to someone about an eight dollar peep site you know you’re dealing with a good company.

Mod-it likes this.
  7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    So, for anyone who didn’t read my long post all the way through, if you can use a 1/8” peep site let me know and I’ll send it to you.

No charge.

8. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    The peep site is going to its new home. :tu:

cantexian, airenlow and Ridgerunner3 like this.
  9. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I just got the 7/32" peep sight installed. I don't have a bow press but regular Sharpies work for that purpose.

I got the new peep served in, screwed the small sight ring back on the Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL and went out to shoot. The sight picture is more compact and easier to manage and my accuracy just jumped way up. I'm much happier with the new bow now and I'm ready for opening day a week from today. :bow:

alenhard15, cantexian, JeffC and 2 others like this.
  10. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I scooped up a 7/32” peep after reading this and just put it in, it’s much better then the 1/4” I always used. The sight housing lines up tighter to the peep thanks LC

LittleChief likes this.
  11. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I swapped out rings on my fast Eddie to the smaller one instead of the mrt one. I like it a lot better with my 3/16” peep. Totally forgot that it came with the smaller ring until reading chiefs post. First year I’ve hunted with the fast Eddie, it was primarily my 3D sight.

LittleChief likes this.