Pheasant hunting

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by 18andrew, Aug 21, 2016.

1. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So my vacation this year is october29-November6 and I was planning on hunting public land the 4th-6th but just got word that pheasant season opens on the 4th and the public land I hunt always has a huge opening day for birds, lots of hunters will be there. It's like a war zone of gunshots right at legal shooting time, literally. My question is do you think it would benefit me bow hunting since there's a possibility of people kicking deer around or should I just stay on the private land and not have lead flying over my head lol. Maybe I'll tag out early that week and can go have some fun bird hunting though!

2. rick-florida

rick-florida Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like a pheasant area in New England I bird hunt occasionally. If you can get back in there early where the deer are likely to get pushed to when the bird hunters move through I would definitely give it a try. particularly being first day of bird season so the deer may not be used to the disruption.

3. 18andrew

18andrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'll try to deer hunt It opening bird day but I love me some pheasant lol I'll be bringing my gun on my trip just in case