People Who Print A Lot?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by LAEqualizer, Feb 23, 2011.

1. LAEqualizer

LAEqualizer Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    In the market for a dependable/cost effective (concerning ink or toner cartridges) All-in-One Printer.

I have been thru 3 Kodak AIO Printers and they all eat printheads.

We homeschool our children and need a dependable unit for Med. to Heavy usage. Trying not to break the bank on ink/toner.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

2. LAEqualizer

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, maybe I should have just asked:

What printer do you use, and how long does the ink/toner last? Cost of ink/toner per refill?

3. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    do you do a lot of color?? imo, if you need color, get a printer that has separate wells for each color... that is the number one feature i'd look for... HP doesn't offer it to my knowledge, but as a whole I've been real happy with HP printers... canon is another worthy contender... if you want excellent photo quality you need an epson.

4. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    our HP at work just broke... Currently hating printers!

5. Double Creek

Double Creek Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't found an all in one that I like, without having to spend big bucks. For just printing, I love my Dell 2330dn. Cost $300, its compact, fast and the toner is $90 for 6,000 pages.

6. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    We just made the switch from a HP to a Brother printer. So far I like the Brother better.

7. Sswpriz

Sswpriz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been using Epson for about 10 years now and have only had one bad experience with one of their printers where the heads would clog up. Otherwise I have an Espon printer only that just wont die. The nice thing I like about Epson is that they have the seperate ink tanks and if you have the right printer, there are many places out there that make the "generic" ink ! It's a lot cheaper thatn buying Epson ink and it works just find.
    One thing tho is not to buy the cheapest Epson out there, you need to get a little better unit. Check them out with user reviews on different websites, granted you will get good and bad reviews on all units, but then go with the one with the most "good" reviews.

8. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We've got a Brother 2170, idk what he paid for it but all 5 of my roommates use it and going on 1.5 years and we've still yet to replace the toner.

Idk sheet count but it's awesome for a document printer if color doesn't matter

9. drenman

drenman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you need color you have a long search ahead of you, color printers for the most part are expensive and unreliable until you get into the high end units. If you are just looking for black then I would recommend looking for a used Kyocera laser printer, they built to last and can be fairly inexpensive to run. You would have to find a dealer and ask if they have any coming in off leases. I used them in my small business and almost never have issues.

10. LAEqualizer

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the replies. I definately have to have a color printer. Looking at the Brother line right now. I just need more input on how long the toner lasts on these. Hating to pull the trigger on a high dollar unit and wind up spending too much for toner as we go.

Any other input/experience appreciated.

Thanks