pellet stoves

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by SevenMag, Sep 30, 2008.

1. SevenMag

SevenMag Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    anyone here ever installed a pellet stove as a supplemental heat source (to go along with an existing gas furnace)??? thinkin about adding one on my house this coming summer but not sure if it'll be worth it or not...

2. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seven, I dont have a pellet stove but use a wood burning stove. I am pretty fortunate to have a skidding cat ( I log in the summers) and I skid dead firewood off the mountain every summer for the winters wood. We burn about 10 cord a winter.

Whether its pellets or wood, I personally love feel of wood heat.. over electric or gas. We have electric in our house as well.

Good luck if you get one, my mother in law had one and they really liked it.

3. Joey Rott

Joey Rott Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Like Troy, I have an outdoor wood burning stove. I have a central air gas furnace, but hope to only it is as a backup or when i'm away from the house for a few days.

I have a Bryan Stove.
    http://www.rik-mar.com//BryanFurnace/BryanFurnace.html

4. stikbow26

stikbow26 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Seven, My mom and Dad only heat with a corn burner for the last 4 years, They live in a double wide basicly, It is up on a foundation but it has three bed rooms and two baths so it is pretty good size and they heated for the whole winter for $400. I was thinking about putting one in my living room just to help out with the heating bills. Walt

5. Catskiller

Catskiller Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I put in a real nice looking one to offset the "HIGH" oil price I was paying back in 03'
    It took 2 years to recoup my money in the stove at the 03' oil price. Now I reap the benefits of it. Today you can get your money back the first year!

Oh yea, that "HIGH" price I was locked into in 03",............1.69