Peep Sight And Sight Question

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Mkwa Hunter, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Mkwa Hunter

Mkwa Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you are sighting in your bow and you drop your sight as far down as it can go to only find your still shoot low. What do you do? Which way do you move your peep?

Sent from my iDen

2. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It might be more elaborate than this but I would say peep up if the peep is indeed the problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

3. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm sure you've done it...but is your arrow level? Center shot correct and all that?

4. Mkwa Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Arrows are perfect. FMJ Camo 350.

Sent from my iDen

5. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I mean when it's on your bow and rest is in the up position. That is if its a drop away. When I tune I have a level that snaps to the string and one on the arrow as well. If the arrow is not level and angled down any at all it could cause the same issue. I'm sure your arrows are fine. Just trying to help. I guess an easier way to say it is if your D-loop/nocking point is too high your arrow will be angled down slightly. It doesn't take much. I'm not good at explaining...sorry!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  6. Mkwa Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good word

Sent from my iDen

7. ssh1989

ssh1989 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Is your draw length set correctly? If your draw length is off either too short or too long your peep will be in the wrong place therefore creating a potential nightmare when sighting in your bow. Small things create big problems

8. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Back sight (peep) moves the direction you want your arrow to go. Front sight moves the direction you are missing, that is provided all else is correct. Are you trying to move the pins or the entire sight assembly?

9. v3505

v3505 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    All good info, except you shouldn't have to move your peep. This is what I would do: make sure draw length is good, install whatever rest you are using, place an arrow on the string (with no nocking point), adjust the rest so your arrow is on a plane near the top of the bolt where your rest bolted on.... if that makes sense. Then level your arrow to find your nocking point. The reason I use the high side of the rest bolt as a reference point, is because most of todays drop away rests (like Vapor Trail, QAD) need to start a little high to get the best arrow flight. Serve in or install your D-loop for nocking point. Then loosely install your peep sight (not being tied in) and draw the bow several times with your eyes closed. You should get to your normal, comfortable anchor point, open your eyes, and be looking directly through the peep hole without adjusting your anchor point or head.

If you simply move your peep, your rest is most likely still wrong and now your anchor will be off. If you feel your draw, arrow rest and noc point are good, check to see if your sight bracket (where is bolts to the bow) is able to be moved to a lower position without interfering with the arrow as it leaves the bow. Confidence in your equipment is important, so sometimes starting over is best. Again, only my opinion. Hope it helps.