Parker Bushwhacker crossbow

Discussion in 'Crossbows' started by remist17, Dec 19, 2016.

1. remist17

remist17 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have a bushwhacker and have been using it for two seasons now. Late season is coming back in and I was practicing this weekend. I noticed on the bolt there was some wear on the nock. There is a line worn into the nock on the left side that goes down the entire nock and the line extends on the arrow shaft to the fetching. Seems there would be a burr or something on the rail. I had the front arms replaced before season under warranty but never noticed it until now. I shot a new bolt about 4 times before noticing it. Both bolts that were shot show the same wear. Has anyone experienced this and if so what is it from?

2. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Is the rail lubed good?

3. remist17

remist17 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    yes the rail is lubed with the liquid stuff that the bow place gave me when the bow was purchased. I apply every 10 shots per their instructions. String is also waxed. Im thinking the one cam is out of timing which would pull on the one side late pushing the bolt to the left more and is why I am shooting high and to the right. just my opinion.

4. Arkyinks

Arkyinks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where the "Y " of the cable meets the cam / limb often will need adjusted. Wear will show on the string from the cam and be noticeable when cocked. The xbow will have to be put in a bow press to add a twist to the leg of the "Y ". 1/2 twist makes a big change sometimes and may have been off since limb change.

To check rail... clean with alcohol then when dry wipe with cotton ball. Fuzz will catch on slightest burr. Check where rail meets limbs at front that it is flush or lower.

Cam timing is often a twist in cables before the "Y ". Some xbows can be finicky as limbs settle in over time.