Paracord/ Nite Ize Gear ties bow sling

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by Jeepwillys, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I finally finished my bow sling. It took me about 10hrs total. But this is the first one I've done. The video I watched the guy finished a similar length belt in about 30 min. I had to undue mine a couple times. It was $5 for the cord, $3 for the S-biners, and $5 for the gear ties. I doubled over the Gear ties so that if one broke there would be a safety in place. They fit real tight and should also aid in vibration dampening, I would imagine. I went with the plastic S-biner so there wouldn't be a chance of metal to metal contact. They fit snuggly in the gear tie loop. That can be adjusted when you twist the loop on your riser. I did a double Cobra tie, it was the only one I saw that would be wide enough. I was gonna add the herring bone stitch all the way down both sides, but the color was taking over the camo. Thats why its only part of the way. I've worn it out hunting a few times now and it wears well. No Noise coming from it. It sits on my shoulder where I put it and it doesn't dig in after wearing it awhile. Let me know what ya think.

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

JungleJoe likes this.
  2. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool. Thanks for posting the pics.