Pain....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dogfish, Mar 13, 2014.

1. kmd

kmd Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My freshman year of high school I rolled my four wheeler down a hill. My ribs were all black and blue and my hips were swollen and black and blue from the handle bars and having the four wheeler roller over me. Hurt like hell and hurt to walk and lay down or do anything for that matter but the worse part was that the next day was the first day of pads for football practice so all we did was tackling drills. Since I was a freshman I had to be the runner and repeatedly get hit. Not nearly as bad as your guys but still hurt like hell. I know I have better ones but can't think of any other ones off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow... I feel very fortunate listening to everyones injuries and now am freaked out about kidney stones. Never broke a bone either.

The worst pain for me was having a fishing hook stuck between my fingers. At the time I really didnt know a method to get it out, so I got my knife (which was dull) and just started cutting it out. A lot of it was in my head, but it that was extreme pain for me.

3. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep I agree-- Never had anything come close to that kind of pain... It will break you out in a cold sweat and hammers your A$$!

4. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My freshman year of high school the girl of my dreams went to homecoming with another guy instead of me. The pain of a broken heart.

5. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man some of these are bad I'm embarassed to even type anything.

Had over 170 stitches total in different places but have never broken a bone other than knuckles and nose.

Got bucked off a horse that came down stepping on the back of my knee then kicked me in the top of the head.

Brocken ribs sucked but wasn't too bad.

Concussion from being run over by a cow.

Had my thumb caught in my dally gave me a nice scar

Forgot my riding jeans and compression shorts for a bull riding and wore loose fit jeans and boxers rolled a testicle under my leg that ended up between my leg and the bull couldn't walk for two days.

Had a cow kick my sorting stick back shoving it up and under my rib cage

But by far the worst pain I can remmber is having a dry socket in a tooth that got inflamed made me sick, couldn't sleep, and drove me absolutely crazy. Never so relieved to have a tooth pulled.

6. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    2 years ago in april I fell off the back of my work truck (tractor trailer) landing on my left wrist. I heard the snap and felt a pinch/tingling feeling I look down and see my left (I'm a lefty too) hand bent upwards towards the sky when it should have been flat like the rest of my arm. instant shock as I start screaming the f-bomb, I walk over to the cab of my truck just in shock looking at my wrist thinking "wow it doesn't hurt as bad as I thought it would"...when I regained consciousness I was laying on the broken left hand in agonizing pain. I was alone, it was 3am in the morning. I reached in my left pocket with my right hand for my phone called 911.....I then called my boss and then my wife. the emt's have to stabilize my arm of course which wasn't as painful as I thought it would be...when I regained consciousness again I was in the ambulance...lol after x-rays they could not decide if they needed to set it, or put a plate and pins and rods. around 9 am (6 friggen hours later) they decided it was ok for me to get pain meds. I felt the whoosh feeling from the meds and life was good. at 3 pm they decided to put me under to either set it or operate. I sat in the ER for 12 hours with a broken wrist.......6 hours without the pain meds. when I woke up they said they set it, and it was perfect! no surgery!!
    my follow up x-rays 3 weeks later proved that they were wrong, it was healing wrong. so 3 1/2 weeks after it happened I had a plate, 8 screws and 2 pins added to my wrsit, and had to start healing all over again. I also had the brainstorm to NOT get the nerve block during surgery because I heard somewhere one time someone permanently lost all feeling in there arm. the ortho surgeon asked me several times " are you SURE????" when I came too I was in excruciating pain, ten times more thean when it first happened...lesson learned ALWAYS get the nerve block! it still hurts as I type this, doctor said it will always be this way from now on. BUT I was able to shoot my bow a few months after, and was able to hunt the full season. still hurts using my release every single time I pull the bow back, the wrist strap squeezes the two bones together....ouch.
    I also dislocated my shoulder 6 times in the army before they operated on it. it first happened playing football for PT. I jumped up to bat the ball down as hard as I could and it popped out and my arm was twisted behind me....weirdest feeling in the world!! extremely painful too.

arm1.jpg arm2.jpg

PINS!!

pin1.jpg pin2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  7. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A few years ago, I was out turkey hunting with a friend. A mile and half from the truck, just as we entered the tree line, I dropped to the ground from what felt like a mule kick to the intestines. My friend said I dropped so fast he thought my heart exploded. This was the second kidney stone and I knew what was happening and told him it was a kidney stone. I asked him to walk back to the truck and drive it to the edge of the trees. He wanted to call in a medevac flight but I assured him it was kidneys. When I got home, I took 2 Percodan and they just took a slight edge off the pain, but did make it so I really didn't care. I passed the stone and the best way to explain it: Imagine having to urinate razor blades.

8. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  9. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you guys are really scaring the crap out of me with kidney stones!!!!!!!!!

10. RugerRedbone

RugerRedbone Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you ever get one the first thing you ask the nurse for is dilauded, nothing else will touch it.

11. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Its as close to an out of body experience I have ever had..... :(

12. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just noticed that member "Just Passin Thru" is viewing this thread with us... Every time I see his name I will think of Kidney Stones because you pretty much have to wait for them to just pass through.

I pray that I never get them.

13. RugerRedbone

Dislikes Received:
    I still have 5 just hanging out waiting for the worst possible moment to decide to move. I can't wait.

14. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    There is no way to get rid of them huh?

Do you need to let them pass through/pee them out? I sound incredibly stoopid but I have never researched them!

15. RugerRedbone

Dislikes Received:
    They pass from the kidney to the bladder and then out of the body. Only if they are small enough, if they are too big they can sometimes break them or do surgery. The 5 in me have been there since I passed one about 6 years ago they may stay put or decide to move. The Dr. Told me just to drink a ton of water and maybe add in lemon juice to prevent any more from forming.

16. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No, the morphine they gave me did the job too. I was out!

17. alexjoelslaydon

alexjoelslaydon Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really hope yall are exageratin bout the kidney stones. knives, razor blades. Sounds like a dream right out of hell

18. Iowa Veteran

Iowa Veteran Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Keep telling yourself that and when you get your first one it can be a total surprise!

19. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Has any one ever had Gout? I got it last year in my big toe, and that most likely was the worst pain I ever had. It felt like I was walking around on a golf ball.

20. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I unknowingly broke my jaw and let it go for about a week and a half. Eating anything was torture.

Messed my lower back up once each of the past two years, last summer it dropped me to my knees and couldn't hardly get back up. All during the middle of pouring concrete which wasn't the best time.
    Pretty sure ripped something in my shoulder screwing around 4 or 5 years ago playing softball and never got it fixed and now can harldy raise my arm above my head.

Other then that haven't had anything that hung around just more instant. But pretty sure if keep doin the job I do its gonna be hard on me later.