Ozonics vs Carbon

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by fishsoft92, Sep 2, 2022.

1. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. So, I've been thinking quite a bit about how to store my clothes and other gear lately, especially with a new stage of remodel coming in on the house. One thought is to get one of those Ozonics lockers and use that for when I don't get too sweaty. the other thought was to build a small locker/closet in the garage and line it with activated carbon pads like what you can get from Scentlok (I think Cabela's used to sell some too, but I don't remember). I would still wash, dry, spray, and at least attempt to store in the right way, I just don't know about those. What do y'all think?

2. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My belief is you keep yourself and your clothes as clean as you can and use the wind and thermals to keep your scent away from them. Nothing you do in all that prep will make a difference just keep them in a tote away from smelly stuff.

3. fishsoft92

fishsoft92 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I completely agree, I was just curious about an extra step if it would do anything.

4. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am also one who believes that 99.99% of all scent control products are complete hogwash. A deers nose is far too good to be duped by this stuff. However, I do see some value, albeit a small amount in Ozone for storing clothing. However, i'm really reluctant to do it for fear of destroying anything that might have rubber or elastic in it.

PreacherMan76 likes this.