Ozonics Charger flashing red light

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by S.McArthur, Sep 24, 2020.

1. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Brand new HR300, just took it out of the box, plugged in power supply in wall, waited 10sec. then plugged it into the charging station, drop battery in, light goes red, then starts flashing.
    I’ve tried unplugging it for 10min and no change. Nothing comes up on google, I’m not sure if it’s charging or not.
    Is it broke or is this normal?

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Comparing it to the charger for my cordless charger the blinking indicates the battery is being charged, when light stays on it indicates the battery is fully charged.

3. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  4. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    So ozonics customer service is quick, called me at 8:17 this morning and told me to clean the battery contacts with some alcohol. Apparently residue from the sticker will cause a bad contact with the charger.
    So far, I have one on the charger and it’s taking a charge, red light is solid, not flashing. I’ll let it charge one before I put the other on.

5. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    Disregard my post, 9 min into the charge it’s flashing again.

6. S.McArthur

Dislikes Received:
    Update #3. I cleaned the hell out of the contacts on the XL battery and it’s been going for 45min without issue. I’ll try the standard battery after this one is done.

7. Rich Kaye

Rich Kaye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am trying to clean the hell out of mine. Used cue tips and alcohol, then used a paper clip with the wet cotton. Still blinking.

8. Rich Kaye

Rich Kaye Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My regular size battery works, just not the XL.

9. Jorho

Jorho Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Im hoping im not jynxing myself by saying this and am hoping to help someone out. Ive had my unit 3 years. 1st year the XL battery wouldnt charge passed half charge. Standard battery did just fine. Fast forward to this spring. Took the unit out to charge it up for spring bear. Both batteries would charge for about an hour then blink. Then eventually nothing. Figured batteries crapped out. Bought a new XL battery yesterday put it on the charger and immediately started to blink red. Obvious charger issue. Took the charger apart and noticed 1 of the 4 contact's had no spring to it. I very carefully pulled the contact out to its normal postion and a drop of carefully placed super glue later and BAM. All the batteries are taking on a charge. Hope this helps someone out. Good luck and dont forget your saftey harness.