Ozone generators

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by tkarrow, Nov 22, 2016.

1. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good info. So for someone using one like the Scent Purge 50 on Amazon. Enclosed in a bin with your camo. How long do you think it would take to treat it and be scent free? 10 mins. 20? 30 mins?

2. Coop427

Coop427 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well I'm certainly no expert on ozone or the specs for each product. I did some research a while back, more on the commercial use of ozone generators, to get a little more knowledge of how these products work without having articles influenced by the companies trying to sell it. I couldn't find the specs on mg/hr for the Scent Purge 50 looking on their website so it's hard to say how long it would take to treat a specific size area.
    I would assume it comes with instructions but if not, and based on my own experience and assuming you are just using a large bin, I would say running it for 15-20 minutes would probably work. They key would be making sure it is as airtight as possible and then leaving it closed for a little while after you shut it off. Ozone starts to decline after 30 minutes so I've typically read to "soak" for 30 minutes after shutting off the machine.

kurveball18 likes this.
  3. cant

cant Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone has all the same questions on ozone and none of the manufactures have the answers. I wish someone could give us real answers. I also would love to use mine in the inside if my truck but don't dare because if all the plastic and rubber.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums