Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Oops

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by TJF, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Generally if you miss what should be an easy one to find... no one knows except you when you finally find it. Today was not the case and someone is having a blast rubbing it in.

The day started off with high hopes. Tyler and I hit what should have been a great spot. All's we found was a lot of snow up until the last 5 minutes of the walk. We were heading back to the truck with me leading. I was looking over a spot when Tyler said, " tines !!! ". Sure enough there were tines sticking out of the snow. How I missed it... I don't know. It was Tyler's first shed of the season so I was happy he was the one to find it. He rubbed it in a little that I missed it. :bash: I handed him the camera and was told not to be looking around while he took a picture of the shed. That brought back a lot of good memories of the past with Tyler. :D So like a good dad... I didn't look around. Well that's my story and I am sticking to it.

Tyler took a couple pictures and we headed back to the truck.

Tonight when we got home... I loaded the pictures on the computer. The wife wanted to see them so while she was looking I headed into the livingroom to see what was on TV. She hollered... you guys missed one. Sure enough we did. :jaw: How embarressing !!! Can you guys find the second shed in the picture ??

[​IMG]

Not only did she rub it in big time... she said she is claiming the shed. So Barb found her first shed. I am sure that one will make it into the house so she can remind us for the rest of my life... what bad shed hunters we are to keep us humble. :lol:

I found one little shed today and Tyler found 4 with one being pretty nice. He would have went over 65 if it hadn't been for the squirrels chewing on his G2. Even with the tined chewed... 64 is not bad for a 4 pt in our area. Cool shed to boot.

[​IMG]

Tim

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  2. Outdrdave

Outdrdave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good outing with Tyler, Tim!

Its hard to tell on this small screen but is the second shed bottom left in the picture?

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Geez... If you missed that one, there is no telling how many others you walked right by!

It may be a curse, did you find any sheds after we got off the phone?

4. grantbvfd

grantbvfd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Time in the woods with kids are priceless! I wish I could take my kids out everyday. Congrats on the good outing Tim.

Same question as Dave, is the other one bottom left?

5. quiksilver

quiksilver Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You're old, and your eyes are probably starting to fail. Most guys in their 80's have cataracts, so you might wanna get that checked out before you waste any more time walking around and not finding anything.

You probably forgot your Geritol that morning, also, so that might have contributed to the problem.

6. hoytuser

hoytuser Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, it is way down in the left corner.

7. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can not laugh enough! You both missed it that close to the other one! LOL

8. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tyler found 3 more after I talked to you. I drove over to the farm and talked to the boss while Tyler ran that area. Figured a better let Tyler run it to find a few or he won't come home and shed hunt with his old man. The area around the farm has been a hot spot. So far we have pulled 19 sheds from that area.

If you cursed me... I won't know until the next outing. :D

The shed is in the left hand, bottom corner mere feet from the other one. Still amazed we missed it... especially Tyler.

Tim

9. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Now that right there is Funny :lol: Thats something your family will never forget. But im puzzled about the squirrels?? :confused: You have no trees!

10. shed

shed Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You broke a cardinal rule in shed hunting.. When a shed is spotted, one must immediatetly take ones eyes off of the prize and feverishly search the surrounding area for its matched side instead of drooling over it!! :) JK/LOL ... that is funny though Tim! Ya better get out there and get that one before it gets covered in more snow!

11. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The shed was found in the trees planted for a wind break around this farmstead. The only trees in my area are a few shelterbelts and farmstead areas. All trees were planted years ago for a wind break or wind erosion in mind. No mast bearing trees. We don't have a lot of squirrels but there are a few... especially in some of the farmsteads.

Tim

12. kansasjosh

kansasjosh Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice find and good story too...tell Tyler that we won't let you forget anytime soon! haha Congrats man.

13. BowFreak

BowFreak Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great story.

14. wiaxle

wiaxle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I saw the shed, what do I win? :D

Had that happen to me last year, found one, called the old man over, and as i was taking pictures of the one, he asked what about the one 10 feet away :(

Worst part about it, after I took a look at the pictures, you could see the 2nd horn in one of the photos if you looked really close......