One vs. Two Kids (or three if you're insane).

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by MGH_PA, May 25, 2017.

1. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am a little concerned about the interest in my sex life.

virginiashadow and bowhunt4abuck like this.
  2. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    We are all just completely shocked by this. Its simple really.

virginiashadow likes this.
  3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Expecting our first child any day now. As of right now, I would like two and my wife wants three. We'll see how much that'll change after the first one.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No just you and Swamp actually.

5. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You will be amazed how time flies and how fast the kids grow up. Little advice on the labor don't look down and don't wear your good shoes, your wife does not mean some of the things she says at peak labor.

cantexian and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  6. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

I'll add. The first delivery goes a lot slower than you think it will. The second delivery goes a lot faster than you think it will.

Shocker99 and greatwhitehunter3 like this.
  7. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Before you have kids, you think you know what tired is. Generally, after the first, that meter is reset. Buckle up, good luck and know your life will change, because of the kids (mostly for the better, but you may have doubts at times).

greatwhitehunter3 likes this.
  8. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    3 here... I was perfectly content at 2. In fact when #2 was to be delivered wife was supposed to get tied. She decided MOMENTS before the procedure she didn't want to.... BEST decision she ever made, short of marrying me of course. :) I love ALL my kids but man, my lil girl (#3) and I... well its just different. We have a very special bond that just isn't there with the other 2. Dunno why or how its just the way it is. A couple years after she was born my wife went thru a few rounds of cervical cancer ending in a hysterectomy so safe to say we are now done and blessed to have had Ell when we did.

That all said our house is a COMPLETE friggin zoo. 3 kids 5, 7, 12, dogs, cats, parrots, friggin guinea pigs. Its pretty insane! Also pretty fun.

OH, and I probably hunt, fish, etc even more now than ever before so..... YMMV :)

elkguide, trial153 and virginiashadow like this.
  9. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    What's your secret? :)

Sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad to hear things seem to be going well for her, though, now.

10. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    LOL no secret really, My wife and kids get lots of time to do what they want when they want. We also do a lot together but its important everyone gets time to themselves to do the things that are important to them. To my kids that means swimming all summer, to my wife that means time at the cabin in NM, to me that means bowhunting. I do my best to make sure they get to do what pleases them so when I want to disappear it is LESS of an issue. We just wrapped up pretty much 7 solid weeks of entertaining turkey hunters at our house, the count down to Elk season has begun but in between it will be all about them (mostly :)

Maybe I just got lucky and my wife is very tolerant, OR maybe she just likes it when I am gone lol

Shocker99 and MGH_PA like this.
  11. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I always found that you could easily pick out an only child by their behavior (child or adult). Just like you can pick out married couples with no kids in their 30's and 40's. That is not to say that YOU should have a second. We choose to have two. A third would have been too much. We wanted to get back to sleeping at night.

12. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have a 5 year old little girl and my little boy just turned 2 months....i was in the same boat as you...my wife was insistent on having 2 and I was having a panic attack at the mere thought of it...its different for sure but it's all about routine...my wife is a pro and the transition has been pretty smooth with a few bumps in the road...youre hobbies house work and friend time will be very limited....not going to lie....its more work....but it's also not merely as bad as Google or you yourself make it appear and it will get better as the baby becomes less dependent on constant bottles and diapers ect....I thought the jealousy factor would come into play also and it really hasn't at all as we keep her involved and she loves that little boy to no end...whatever you decide it will be the right decision for you and your family and insure you will have no regrets....ive been upset at myself for having so much anxiety over it becuase now that we have the 2 life is pretty cool to share with both of them....good luck Matt

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blarney22, nwmono, elkguide and 5 others like this.
  13. Jeepwillys

Jeepwillys Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    1 kid you got a spoiled brat
    2 kids you got 2 spoiled brats
    3+ kids and you're broke and no ones a brat.
    Joking aside I grew up with 6 siblings and dozens of cousins. I wouldn't want it any other way. There was always something going on or somebody to play with/get in trouble with. Neighbor of ours was an only child, got everything he ever wanted materially but never seemed happy. Seems that way as an adult too. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

14. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have 2 girls, working on number 3 (hopefully a boy!) . My oldest (9) was from a previous situation. Now I'm lucky enough to be married to my best friend and we have a 2 year old and working on another. Even though all these girls drive me insane I wouldn't have it any other way lol. Dang now that I think of it even my two dogs are female. I need some reinforcement with number 3!

Swamp Stalker and Jeepwillys like this.
  15. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We stopped at two. Two is exponentially harder than one. However I enjoy seeing my children interact with each other. There different personalities are striking. I wouldn't change anything except maybe not having a 529 plan that is more expensive most modest mortgages.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  16. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The 529. I feel your pain. I also have one. Educational expenses will quadruple by the time our little ones need it though. So many of my acquaintances are of the mindset that they had to pay for their education so that's what their kids will have to do. Way to look out for your descendants. I can only imagine.... educational expenses will probably quadruple by the time they're in college.

17. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    1 child = lonely, entitled, socially awkward, spoiled brat. (With selfish parents)!!

JMHO.

We have 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Three kids here. Oldest is almost fifteen and the youngest is nearly 9. A lot more parenting to do.....lol. It will wear your butt down if you let it. And it will push your marriage and make it rough at some points. Just being 100 percent honest.

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN likes this.
  19. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the roughest patches for us were:
    • the first child (this is a new dynamic to the family relationship),
    •the second (a challenge in balance and routine),
    •age 3 (not the terrible 2s),
    • teenagers (get it right when they're young, but it's still psychological warfare)...

20. kspseshooter

kspseshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It's pretty sad that children have became an inconvenience to society

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BJE80 dislikes this.