***One-N-Done - Team #1***

Discussion in '2015 Deer Contest' started by DucksUnlimitedHunter27, Aug 16, 2015.

1. kb1785

kb1785 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys it has been an emotional time for my family. I was trying to get most of my hunting done early because of some family sickness that we have been experiencing. My brother in law was diagnosed with cancer back in the summer which was already stage 4 and my father in law was having some fairly serious health issues and my mother in law has beginning stages alzheimers. I was blessed to take a great buck at the end of October and was on doe patrol after that. I have had a several chances but didn't get it done. My brother in law sadly succumbed to cancer and was laid to rest on Christmas eve, my father in law and mother in law have both moved in with my wife and I at least temporarily until we can assess their situation. One of the saddest things I have ever witnessed was my father in law and brother in law both in the hospital at the same time on the week before Christmas, both seriously ill and taking my father in law to his son's room and them seeing each other for the last time. Please pray for my family. Needless to say hunting has taken a back seat the last few weeks. I have one more week so I may get back in the stand 1 more time sometime next week as things are settling down a bit.

2. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Prayers for you and your family sorry for the unfortunate loss and illness. Hang in there!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

3. Jeffrey Jones

Jeffrey Jones Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fellas it's not over yet I'm headed to the stand for my last go at it for the season it's been an up an down battle and quite the learning experience for me 2015 I definitely am looking forward to this October already God bless you all and happy new year to you guys it's been fun for sure and glad to meet fellow brothers of bowhunting!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

4. TroyS

TroyS BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Guys wanted to apologize for my lack of participation this year it was unacceptable. I hunted harder than ever and for the first time in years ended up buckless...heck deerless for that matter. I got frustrated, lost sight of why we do this and went dark as a result. With yesterday being the last day of my season, as I say there staring at one of our shooters at 55 yards I almost let frustration get the best of me and take a questionable shot. Fortunately I didn't and realize now he just gets bigger next year. I've learned a lot of lessons this year like knowing that desparation is worse than any human odor. Most importantly I realized that in losing sight of the beauty of the outdoors and enjoyment of being in the tree I lost a good part of my season. I hope this doesn't happen to any of you and apologize that I experienced it while on this team. Took it for granted and focused on the wrong reasons so shame on me but I'll be a better hunter for it. Congrats to all you who had success this year and I hope you all had an enjoyable season either way.

Never lose the "fun" and BHOD!