One Bad Thing About Trail Cams

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by NEW61375, Mar 25, 2015.

1. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    When using your trail cam intel goes wrong!

I hunted the stand located by this camera the week of Halloween because I had gotten some does, a solid 8, and one giant 9 on cam so far that fall. I did see some deer those hunts and one small buck but no older deer. Fast forward one week to November 3. I hunted that morning on a different part of the farm and did see a couple of slickheads but no chasing or bucks. So since I had good wind for it I decided to hunt the Halloween week stand for the rest of the day.

Luckily on my way in I remembered I had my regular camera in my backpack so I decided to pull the card and check it(1st pic). Not a ton of activity and some dogs on there the day before. Needless to say I used all kinds of expert hunting knowledge to convince myself the lack of significant photos and the dogs was a deal breaker so I quickly left the area and hunted another spot where I proceeded to get completely skunked. I mean nada...nothing...which, in hindsight, I probably deserved(trust your scouting).

This was on a Monday and I went home bummed I didn't see anything but still quite confident I had made the right call. That feeling would last until Saturday when I got to pull the card again(2nd & 3rd pic). It seems the solid 8 was up on is feet well before dark and the Hunting/Trail Cam Gods made sure I caught his movement around my stand on cam. Not only that but in some weird twist of irony the sun beams caught in the pic almost look like a lighted arrow blowing through the bucks boiler room. Coincidence? I think not!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  2. BigPhil_H

BigPhil_H Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That would have really scared me if I was just scrolling through pics haha

3. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wow. That does look like a lighted nock. Glad you got him on camera.