Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Old “ peep” sight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by pavement ends, Nov 13, 2023.

1. pavement ends

pavement ends Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Believe it or not I’ve had this type Peepsight for well over 25 years. I’ve only had two and all that time and now I can’t find them anymore. This picture is of half of it as it broken half and I would like to find another or 10 if possible. I could attempt a simple sketch or drawing to show you what it looks like in tact, but just imagine the picture complete instead of just half of what is left there. The advantages anytime you pull your string, the peep is IMG_2782.jpeg IMG_2783.jpeg always lined up, no matter the twist of your string. Any ideas anyone? I’ve seen a similar one that is round that has a little round holes drilled into it, but my old eyes don’t like it. Just curious if there’s any of these out there anywhere. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I can't say I've ever seen anything like this before. It goes over the string instead of through it? How do you see though your string when you're at full draw?

3. pavement ends

pavement ends Newb

Dislikes Received:

4. pavement ends

pavement ends Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It slides in to the string similar to a kisser button. When at full draw obviously it’s at an angle so depending on where you hold your string you can always see through it. It’s old! I’m hoping someone will recognize it. I know it was sold a few years back in the early 80’s. Guess I’m the only one that liked it!

5. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Can't say I've ever seen that one

6. pavement ends

pavement ends Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Your not in a short line! I just hope someone recognizes it and might have 1or2 they aren’t using

7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I asked the dudes at Lancaster Archery and nobody there has ever seen or heard of this thing. And if they don't know what it is, I'm not sure anyone will! Definitely seems like a blast from the past.

pavement ends likes this.
  8. pavement ends

pavement ends Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I can’t be the only living bowhunter that has used/seen this can I?!?! Starting to think it’sa possibility. I have a friend that is an Oklahoma archery hof’er. We poured over so his materials and couldn’t find it. Definitely a needle in a haystack but I have one surely someone else does somewhere!?!!. As with most things I’m probably s.o.l. Thanks for checking