Okay...it's on!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by CoveyMaster, Jul 29, 2019.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The truck in front was pulled up into the open gate and sitting on my property. These people have no problem whatsoever with crossing property lines. I reported them to my local agent along with a vehicle description and plate number.

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not at all I should have put the " " around and called it your deer.

3. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was thinking the same thing when I read that post. What, you're not allowed to call your field yours? wtf? :biggrin:
    I'm looking forward to seeing some pics. God knows you've got good ones!

4. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta make a example of the first one and the rest will learn

5. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well there's a road right away too, think it's 25ft, or maybe 50 idk, from center line here. Lol

Just messing with ya man, we've been lucky with ppl wondering onto property. Few years ago there was a few caught walking draws during shotgun season but luckily nothing ever been missing. Had one of my cameras taken down and thrown on ground but that was just ****** neighbor that couldn't figure out just because the new fence moved the property line didn't. Best part was he paid to survey and one or his stands was actually about 30 foot on our side. No problems since with him either.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lot's of guys that lease land call it their farm, kinda bugs me as a property owner.

7. early in

Dislikes Received:
    What difference what they call it? As long as they're not referring to "your" property. :tu:

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just bugs me, does not have to be rational, but fact based just because you lease it doesn't make it yours.

9. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah yeah, we've been all over that subject before. Hang the law, I consider everything on my property as being my property...including all wildlife. I will accept the fact I have no rights to confine those wild animals and they are subject to free roam as they like but these guys aren't neighbors and I own the section of land there between the roads and most of the section on the other side of the road. It's illegal for them to poach on my property, it's illegal for them to poach deer from or in the road so....

Aside from that, I and all land owners have a reasonable right to privacy on privately owned property. How would you or these guys like it if I staked out your residential property with a truckload of glassing equipment and watched your house and property and claimed I had a right to do it because I was bird watching or looking for rabbits or squirrels.

That is my land, I own it. Even on my leased land, I have practically all the land owners permissions and rights. I'm listed as the operator of all of it and I have written lease agreements giving me hunting rights and all management rights as well as written permission to control who does or doesn't have access to the properties. That is subject to landowners discretion, they still have final say and over ride me if needed but for all intents and purposes all farms and fields I farm and manage are my personal property because they are my responsibility.

Have you ever rented a house? Did you call it your house/home or did you call it by the actual owners house? Did you consider the contents of the rental property that belonged to you as being yours or the property owners?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    The property is fenced and gated and the county right of way ends at the fence line which is established for 10 plus years and by property survey when I purchased the property. One of the trucks was literally sitting in the gate so no way to argue it wasn't on my property.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nope never rented a house.
    Nope never rented a house, or land.

12. early in

Dislikes Received:
    It sounds like the more land you own the bigger the babysitting job is. I could see that being very frustrating, very quickly!