Ohio's opening weekend

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by chewy, Sep 27, 2015.

1. chewy

chewy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Anxious to hear or see how everyone's opening weekend went. Me personally not so well as I didn't see a soul, just the usual squirrels and birds. Then after I got home today noticed my string is started to unravel by the cam so not the start I was hoping for but it sure was nice to be sitting out in a stand again.

2. Spear

Spear Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I was only able to hunt the morning opener and then I came home for my son's first birthday party and visited with family. I saw 3 dogs, 2 of which peed directly on the deer trail, and about a gazillion squirrels. I didn't see a single deer but it was windy in the early morning. BUT, it was more than nice to be in a tree again.

3. Richb

Richb Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It was a great morning for me started off real slow but did have a big fox walk under my stand. Tons of squirrels throughout the morning. Saw about 8 deer all together, one big doe that stayed on the other side of of my killer acorn tree. only buck was a small 6. But all in all a great day.

4. chewy

chewy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Well so far it looks like no ones had much success getting them a deer this weekend. Me personally wont be back in the woods for atleast another week, that is if my bow is restrung by then. Whens the next time you will be getting back into the woods?

5. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Saw zero opening afternoon. Saw a button buck and small doe Sunday afternoon and decided the give the doe a pass because it was tiny. Had them at 5 yards for ten minutes. It sure was great to be back in the tree!