Ohio Shed Hunt

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by cml5895, Feb 18, 2015.

1. cml5895

cml5895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Being buried with snow sucks, it especially sucks if you love shed hunting. A buddy of mine and I are going down to Ohio (Applecreek). We are picking up, of all things, a couple sets of nice antlers for a guy we work for. We are looking to see if maybe on our drive back if we could stop to see if we can look on maybe a couple farms for sheds. Was wondering if any of you Ohio guys know what % were shed out or if the snow is too deep. Cabin fever is hitting hard this year. Thanks guys!

Collin

2. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Depends on what part of the state. My buddies farm in NE Ohio is buried in snow.

3. airenlow

airenlow Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm down in Cincy and haven't seen many shed bucks yet. I found a nice 5 point side on 1/25, but didn't get my first (partially) shed buck on cam until 2/13. The whole state is under snow currently.

4. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had one buck that shed right around Christmas but all the other ones that ive seen still have them. We have about 6 inches of snow right now. Im in south eastern ohio

5. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If it helps, these were taken the end of last week on a farm I hunt in Stark County. Not many has dropped here as of then but that was before all the snow and colder Temps. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]