Ohio public land

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by jclark81, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! That's surprising... Plenty of public land?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wisconsin, something like 6 million acres total open to the public for hunting.

3. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They aren't allowed to have a land line phone inside their home, but they can have a landline phone outside their homes door. Beyond that they all carry cell phones, so what's it matter they can't have a landline inside the house?... But how do they charge the phone batteries some may ask since they don't have power line provided electricity? Well with their generators running non stop and their giant solar panels of course!

It is a joke how they play the system.

4. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I won't start on the PA amish! their cop out is to just play dumb and say "I didn't know." last year one amish was warned about trespassing and the very next day he came through trespassing again and his final warning was a bullet about three inches above his head hitting a tree. needless to say that amish was out of there. the term "amish mafia" is real. and I nopticed in PA they all sold off their bows to buy crossguns. I asked one noid (that is what we call amish, short for "amnoid") why and he replied so we can kill more deer. we have already been desimated here.

5. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I've told this store before but the first year my friend bought his farm in NE OH we had a big problem with the Amish. He got a call from the neighboring farm, an elderly guy and he report this story. The first day of gun season, someone drove a pickup up the road and dropped a guy off every 40-50 yards like paratroopers jumping out of a plane. Then they proceeded to push off my friend's and the neighbors properties, without permission of course. The game commision and sheriff were called but by the time they got there the Amish were through the properties and gone, so there was nobody to catch in the act. They tried it a few days later but friend was there. He approached them as soon as the first guy was getting out and they saw his side arm and booked it without saying a word. So they know they are breaking the law, they just don't care.

Now to get back on topic. There is some public land not far from Andover OH (NE part of state) but expect to see as many hunters as deer.

6. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There seems to be a theme. A group just bought some property close to my parent's place and within a week I got them on camera. Then a few more times after letting them know they were trespassing. Their excuse was that they were trying to find the property lines.

As for hunting in Ohio, it's heavily pressured from what I saw. The first week of November looked like the first week of rifle season in PA and more were coming in for the second week.

7. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    There is proper in Ohio that is public that you can have practically to yourself. You just need to scout and get to spots people can't find or go to. I have about 100 acres all to myself in southern Ohio. It's public but not advertised at all. It's out there you need to nock on doors and find out where local public is. It's a longshot but that's how I lucked into it,

8. frosty452

frosty452 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Zaleski state park has good potential gotta put on the distance to get secluded but more that enough to spread out on

9. jclark81

jclark81 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Does it get a lot of pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

10. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If it doesn't it does now.....

Josh/OH and w33kender like this.
  11. early in

early in Grizzled Veteran