***Official Team 9 Thread***

Discussion in '2014 Deer Contest' started by POWERHAWK_11, Aug 18, 2014.

1. C0wb0yChris

C0wb0yChris Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt about that. I was meaning golden ticket to learn from the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you've got your work cut out for you, but will be worth it in the end for sure Wesley!!

3. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Well yall, season wrapped up for me yesterday. Sorry I wasn't able to put any points on the team, it was a trying season! The hardest i've ever hunted. On a good note, I was able to put down a yearling button buck yesterday with the 7mm mag. we'll take the meat! Wish it could atleast been a bow kill but as season was coming to a close and we still had no meat, I decided to take the rifle out so if I was to season one, I could reach out and put it down. Hope the season wraps up on a good note for yall! I'm looking forward to next season already. We have some big plans this coming winter for the farm.

4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Family is always a good reason to do stuff. Its the most important thing there is.. Good luck and the good thing about texas is that your species pool will grow tremendously for bowhunting.

5. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Brother points don't matter. All that matters is that you had a good time and enjoyed your season. I personally am very thankful for getting to know you guys a little more and sharing my season with you all.

Congrats on your deer. Got any pics to share? They are all trophies regardless of method and size. ;) Glad you got some meat though. Now its time to start all over again, working on food plots planning stand placement putting out minerals etc. Good luck this year!!

6. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    The last day of Virginia season was Saturday and NC ended on Thursday. I did get to sit for the last day in NC. I had to work Friday and Saturday it rained so no sit for me. It was tough this year in Virginia. Planning on adjusting some of the food plots there this year and leave cameras out all year long to get an inventory. A good set of lithiums and a big chip. Planning on invading the bedding areas end of this month to verify they are still where they used to be if not I will find the core before end of Feb. That give them time to settle back in before next season. Planning on working a lot on my shooting and maybe switch to a back tension release. Lots to be done but it keeps the addiction at bay till season rolls back around. ;P

Good luck to you all this year and keep in touch!!

7. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Holar at me if you need a helping hand one weekend. I'm right down the road. Miss lori and I are hoping to extend 1 food plot and create 2 more before winter gives way. We'll see what time allows! Can't wait for shed hunting

8. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing here Chris if you need a hand just give me a shout. It always helps to have a different perspective on things. This year we need to get you an archery deer.

9. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Today was the last day of bow season here in Indana. My freezer is full so I stopeed hunting after our ML seasom went out.

Been busy though the last couple of weeks arranginging a new peice of ground for next year. Looks really good. It's 220 acres of river bottom Ag land. Been some nice ones taken there in the past. This little peice of heaven is all mine. It's not part of my regular leases.

Any way you all stay in touch..

10. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where are you guys at in NC. My sister just got a job at East Carolina University and we are moving her down sometimes next week. It is in Greenville.

11. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Yes we do! It should of happened this past season but the two opportunities I had, I missed. Next year will be the year, more practice and more experienced.

12. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    We're both about 1 hour and half from Greenville. My farm is south of Zebulon, NC, only 45 minutes from Greenville. They have a beautiful campus down there too. Great duck hunting down there too, if she's into that.

13. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nah. But we will probably go down and do some fishing at some point. My cousin lives in GA so we might make our way down to do some hog hunting.

pineywoodsbow likes this.
  14. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you have a "little" honey hole! Good luck with that piece, looking forward to seeing some pictures of bucks from the new lease.

15. C0wb0yChris

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just wanted to give an update on my predator season. Trapped my first red fox, missed a coyote, only got his toes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

Nice looking fox congrats.

17. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on getting more hunting land. Its sounds very promising being on a river bottom and ag land. Looking to see some monsters from you next year. :tu: Definitely keep in touch brother and good luck with the new spot.

18. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

Sorry for the late response. Yeah we are like an hour from ECU. The oldest step-son goes there currently.