Official Team 9 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by sevi316, Aug 29, 2011.

1. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sad but good news....

So after much thought... I am not going to hunt in Michigan this year after all... I have some un-wanted hospital bills and other things that are keeping me from it.... So that is the bad news... good news is I will be hunting Indiana's opener on Saturday! I will be hunting the same woods my 125 monster (that is big for my area) was taken last year. I am very excited however I have not scouted these woods this year lol... So I am going in blind but I have been hunting there the past 4 years so I am banking on the deer doing the same thing they have been...

2. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone just checkin in and wanted to say Ive had some crappy luck so far since the first couple days of are early doe season its rained bad or been way to hot. I did however shoot a doe the one morning and got it on film and had the pictures and everything but brian my huntin buddy went to upload them to his computer they were somehow erased but its ok ill shoot another doe before friday evening and hopefully on sat are opener for buck ill be able to lay one down.

steve

3. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    :throw:

No worries We like Cinderella stories!!

4. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Big doe down, pics coming soon.

5. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    I just entered my doe in the Score thread, not really much of a story. At around 8:15 a.m. I noticed this doe at 6 yards behind me to my left in the open but couldn't turn and draw my bow without getting busted. If he walked straight I would have had perfect 10 yard shot but she turned and walked right under me and then got behind some brush. She stood there for several minutes when I heard more deer behind me. Another doe with two fawns came in and were 15 yards directly down wind. The big doe started circling back and I attempted to draw but was at an akward angle and couldn't get to full draw. The other doe noticed movement and got nervous then eventually snorted and ran away. The big doe walked into a shooting lane and turned strongly quartering away at a little under 25 yards and I put the pin right in front of her back leg and squeezed the trigger. The shot was perfect so I waited about 10 minutes and slowly got down to go meet my girlfriend. I told her what happened and that the shot was good but I wanted to give her some time.... about 5 minutes later the sky opened up and it started pouring so I had to make the decision to either go after the deer or wait and hope the blood wouldn't wash away. After looking at radar on my phone I decided to take up the trail. Blood started right at the impact but was quickly washing away, luckily it was a short recovery and I now have some meat for the freezer.

[​IMG]

6. ArchArrow123

ArchArrow123 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the nice doe. Nice story to go with it too. Yeah, it gets more difficult when there are other deer around that can bust you in a second. It's great to get the points on the board and the meat for the freezer. Great job!! Did your GF take the picture or did you have to do the 'balance the camera on the log trick'?

7. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on your doe !! She looks pretty good sized!

Tim

8. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Buck Magnet; Congrats on that nice Big Doe !
    All I managed was this Button.
    I am on a herd reduction bowhunt on a park owned by the University Of Illinois. I must kill an antlerless deer before I can harvest a buck on this property.
    Opening day of the Archery Season here at 7:50am I had a doe fawn come in to 20 yards and then a Button Buck, I was going to shoot the doe fawn but then I heard another deer coming, so I waited and in came a big doe. I guesstimated she was 25 yards. I drew and shot. I found I had competley missed her :( I have no excuse for missing her, there was no branch in the way etc... I guess I just got alittle to excited and pulled the shot and Choked !
    So at the shot the doe fawn jumps and runs to about 15 yards behind me and is standing looking towards where her mother had been when I shot at her mother, so I grab another arrow ,nock it and decide to shoot the doe fawn but she has her vitals now completely covered by the trunk of a medium size tree and she gives me no shot as she turns and walks straight away from me. So then true to button buck form ... he is oblivious to all the happenings around him and is still just standing there at about 8 yards looking around like what the heck is wrong with mom and sis, so I draw on him and shot. The arrow entered him high but took out both lungs and exited him and he didnt make it 40 yards from where I shot him.
    October 1st 2010 D Deer 1 007.jpg October 1st 2010 D Deer 1 008.jpg
    So now I can start to buck hunt the property :)

9. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    BOOM!!!!!!1

Team Tag Out is on the board!!!!

Congrats to both of you!!

I saw 6 doe opening day and all of them are out of range... And it is going to be up in the 70's all week :(

10. wolbear

wolbear Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got us 50 points

Shot this doe Tuesday, October 4th at 5:30 PM while my best huntin' buddy watched on. Unfortunately, the deer decided to come to my side of the tree rather than his. The Z7 and the Montec broadheads did a number.

Attached Files:

11. Lady Forge

Lady Forge Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wolbear;
    Congrats on the Doe :) That awesome that you got to share your bowhunt with your huntin buddy!

12. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wolbear You Da MAN!!!!

13. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Score Update: As of yesterday (and with the addition of Wolbear's doe) we are in a tie for 4th!!!!! Great job team! You make me a proud Capt. :nana: lol

14. shaneb21

shaneb21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we're gettin a good start with the antlerless points. Can't wait till the end of the month when I'll get out in the woods and am able to put some points on the board. I should have a decent buck by the end of November! 3 weeks till I'm in Ohio!!! Can't come soon enough!

15. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to all that have scored already...........very nicely done :)

My season starts Oct 15th and I just finalized my vacation today.........I am off from Oct 22nd--29th and Nov 2nd--27th

I should be able to help soon.

Be safe and shoot straight.

16. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    hey good job guys and gals its good to see some deer on the ground.

I will be going out this morning for my second hunt of the buck season I had a little problem with my teeth and couldnt sit in the stand cause i was a lil loopy from the meds the doc gave me but i got that problem taken care of and ill be bringing us some points today hopefully

17. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just figured that I would give an update. Hunting has been good around here and I have been on bucks every trip out including a nice 100" 8 point that hangs out with Fieldgoal. Let him walk at a little over 30 yards. I will be back in stand this afternoon if the weather gives me a break and hopefully the dramatic drop in temperature along with the rain will have the deer on their feet. Goodluck to all of you guys and gals.

18. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll update as well.

Only two sits so far this season. First week of season, rain, but lots of deer. Saw 3 smaller bucks and 14 does by the time the rain chased me out at 10:30am.

Second week was a total bust. 1 deer in the am. Hot temps.

Did get a couple of decent trailcam pics of a buck I believe is a shooter.

19. Buck Magnet

Dislikes Received:
    Well yesterday didn't go as planned thanks to a bear that walked out of a buck bedding area, sat down 10 yards away to smell my mock scrape, then he turned and walked back into the bedding. Giving it another shot this evening.

20. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bears too eh? I've been seeing bear sign all over the place on our property this year. They're actually really tearing things up around our camp.