*****Official Team 6 Turkey Contest Thread*****

Discussion in '2015 Turkey Contest' started by IAMIKE, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Buck master

Buck master Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a Gobbler this evening!!! Came in very silent so I didn't get a lot pre footage but we got the shot on film. Sent the Magnus Bullhead his way and it hit its mark. Awesome hunt spent with my dad. We set up about 125 yds from the parking lot which worked out perfect cause my dad has had double hip replacements and 5 shoulder surgeries.

2. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
  3. boonerville

boonerville Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice! Our season opened today..I'll be going out tomorrow evening

4. comescrashing

comescrashing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats guys. I made it out a Couple of times, had one at 10 yards but couldn't draw without spooking it. Hopefully I can put it together, this weather has been killing me
    Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Tapatalk

5. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work buckmaster. Heading out tonight. Wind is finally died down.

6. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys a got a bird last night. I'll post pics a little later....I'm pretty exited...its my first multiple bearded Turkey. How does that work for scoring? Do you get to count both?

7. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    Here's a few pics from yesterday
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Nice pictures. You get to measure both beards and count it for score. Good work. Double beards are pretty cool.

9. boonerville

Dislikes Received:
    See if this looks right before I post it
    [​IMG]

10. Buck master

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on one awesome turkey boonerville!!!

11. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow guys the way this is starting I'd say we'll be in the running for bragging rights! Season starts Friday, you guys are getting me fired up now!! Just got home from Arizona last night, vacation with the family. Ready to get focused now!

12. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Looks right to me as long as the numbers are right. That's a high score. After not getting out all weekend. I'm out now. Beautiful day.

Need to hit more mornings, but it hasn't worked out. That should change this week.

13. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good guys!!! I had turkey hunters out last week, tagged out on day one for one guy. The 74yr old lady finally killed her Merriams for her world slam after a few arrant shots from her Benelli. Two more guys next week and then... it's my turn. :D

14. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Well my opening day just turned into a guiding day, a family member just called a few hours ago, a farmer he knows with a whole bunch of land and lots of birds wants to kill his first bird. This will hopefully result in a great relationship for us and maybe my boys and I will have another good farm to hunt in the future. I won't be hunting tomorrow but I'm certainly looking forward to it. I've never killed a bird on the opener anyway so I might as well set someone else up! Good luck to anyone else getting out in the AM!

15. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    How'd it go DT? I went out with my wife behind the camera and my little dude and sat in the blind for a few hrs the other night, but we were a little late getting there and the birds had already passed us going to the roost. I'm hoping to get out a couple days this week before my next two turkey guys show up.

This is how we attempted to keep a 1 1/2 yr old quiet... snacks, iPad, milk, headphones... I will say, I think it worked well enough to kill a bird. I'll shoot the first bearded bird I see if he's with me. :)
    [​IMG]

16. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Aside from killing a bird it was successful, but only in the fact that the guy had a blast as the birds never came inside of 200 yards lol, 4 gobblers locked on one hen, all I can say is she must be the prom queen!
    I'm actually sitting in the blind right now about 35 miles south of yesterday's hunt on a big hardwood ridge, just had a big boy skirt me at 44 yards no clear shot, and I didn't want to bust him this early in the game! He's glued to a hen, I'm hoping she goes to nest and he will swing back through before too long! I actually started this morning 5 miles from here on the 60 acres I just gained access too, 3 birds gobbled from across the road on the neighbors property and headed the opposite way at fly down, my side was silent so I decided to come back to the spot I got my bird at last year. So far so good!
    Man I can imagine my 1.5 year old in the blind, he's all over the place. My 5 year old is tough enough! But I think I might bring him tomorrow to hear this guy gobble on the roost!

17. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

Come back in 5 months. Had a Tom come by silently. I hadn't called. Feel like I'm probably over calling some. Got drawn back, but didn't like the shot. He was moving. I don't mouth call so that wasn't an option to stop.

I also thought I could call him back into my decoy and get video on phone. I was wrong. He had a pretty good beard.

18. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Well the bird that jukes me Saturday came in clean Sunday morning, 18 yards, I brushed against my blind drawing back and that was the end of it. He ran just out of sight, about 30 yards away and sat there drumming and hissing for 40 min. He could still see my decoys even though I couldn't see him. I believe he was waiting for them to make the next move. I don't think he really knew what was going on so assuming nobody else puts pressure on him I should be able to get on him next weekend. I might have to buy a bigger blind this week. The ameristep dog house blind that I use just isn't cutting it.

19. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Got out this morning. Almost got a shot. Tom snuck in behind me. He then hung up on a ridge 35 yards away strutting with hens below which were the other direction from me. Brush was in the way for a shot. He never saw my decoy which was in our food plot. I've had at least 6 hens come in and check my decoy out. Along with some deer. Haven't gotten a tom or jake to see decoy. Nice morning after a rainy night.

My days are starting to get numbered for when I can get out. I do have the entire last weekend of season off to hunt as much as I want if needed. Season ends May 17 here.

20. chilly2031

chilly2031 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Man I'm finding out how hard turkey hunting can be. I had 6 or 7 gobbling within 150 yards and went for the solo bird for a hour and a half and couldn't get him to budge after he flew down. I figuired instead of getting busted I'd stay back and sneak in closer to his roost tree another day. Rrrggg. 3 hours of driving and no sleep for nothing again.