****Official Team 5 Turkey Contest Thread****

Discussion in '2015 Turkey Contest' started by Invisible man, Mar 15, 2015.

1. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Been out a few times with my buddy, but havent called one in yet. Just some hens. I think the Toms are all henned up still by us. Should be better this week.

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with u on that. Seen a couple toms but they just get there hen then right back in the woods. Have had a few jakes come in but the toms don't have to do much

3. Bwilsons

Bwilsons Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    20150421_070825.jpg Not my kill but I was fortunate enough to call in this fella his second turkey this year in WI! Not a bow kill but the excitement of the kill was incredible! Now my turn Wednesday morning to get on the board. Good luck guys!

4. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome still fun to get out and be there with other people when they get a bird

5. PaTreeAssassin

PaTreeAssassin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First morning has not very successful. Seen four turkeys work out across a field then heard a shot in that direction shortly after. Still a lot of season left though. Going out tomorrow to see if I can hear others.

6. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Went out three times this weekend with lots of turkeys around but no luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    My season officially starts today and Im at work!

8. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]
    Was able to work in two toms Sunday evening after having them hang up just to far all day Saturday. Went out last night with the girlfriend and had one hang up about 10 yards to far and now out for my self finally. Heard a few gobblers in another wood lot but they typically go back and forth between the two. Just a waiting game, hoping they work over before the rain starts

9. Bwilsons

Bwilsons Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will be out in the morning, just purchased my new DSD Jake! Excited!!!

10. bonescreek

bonescreek Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I had one gobbling from his roost on a ridge behind my house at predawn, he flew down and gobbled his way right up to
    the far end of my pasture (about 2500') by 7:20am or so. I had my blind set up last night of the top of the roost ridge,
    since I got a late start and he was already off the roost, rather than cut him off or try to call him toward the house,
    I decided to make a 1/4 mile circle to the blind and try to call him back toward the roost ridge.
    Didn't happen, he went quite about 8:15 or so.
    Thursday last week at 11:30am I was on my front porch and spotted the hen drinking out of a puddle in my drive.
    I think that's the same hen that flew over the house top back on March 27th. I believe the tom I heard this morning
    hooked up with that hen.
    Gonna setup the blind right behind the house and try to intersect them. Hope he's not on a 2 or 3 day cycle to
    make his rounds or this may take a few days. Also hope the guy next door don't cut down the roost tree yet, he's
    been loggin' the ridge almost every day right up till 3 days ago right in that area.
    Wish me luck.

11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Yesterday pretty much turned into a bust for me with the rain, When I left I only seen one tom in the field. Did see a bunch of birds in a couple fields I am going to see if I can get permission on. Talked with a buddy and he said we can go out to one of his places. Was seeing a couple hundred birds during the winter months along with a some smoke birds. I have been wanting one of those for a long time now so not sure what my plan is going to be now

12. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Whats some updates from everyone??

Only made it out on Saturday. scouted some birds on Friday and set up on them Saturday morning. As luck would have it they pitched down and went the other way where I do not have permission. Saturday evening had one close in but just hung up a little to far for a clear shot in the woods. Going out one day during the week but if it comes down to it I might pull the gun out this weekend. I leave the 21st for Canada so my season is getting cut short.

13. Invisible man

Invisible man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My season closes this Sunday, I should be able to get one more. I have been passing on a couple 2 year olds lately because there is 2 big boys close by. We got heavy rain tonight and tomorrow so Saturday may be really good in the sunup hour.

14. bonescreek

bonescreek Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, seasons done for me too.
    Sorry I couldn't put one on the board for the team, but just didn't work out
    this spring.
    Best of luck to all who are still out there.

15. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Hoping to make it out this weekend one last time...havent had much time or luck.