***official team 27 thread***

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by racewayking, Aug 29, 2011.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on that accomplishment peakrut. The last time I spoke with a landowner about other hunters (who were shooting at every deer in the woods at ridiculous ranges AND having paint-ball wars in the woods without the landowners knowledge) they kicked my father and I out the next year. They told us that the neighbor's have complete hunting rights to their property after they repaired a fence. I ran into another hunter from the property at the WI Deer and Turkey show 2 years later and he asked why he had not seen me on the property for the past couple of seasons!! I was pi$$ed-off that he still had access, but my Dad and I got the boot? Especially considering my parent's are supposed good friends with the land-owners. Oh well...it is nearly dead-center in the CWD zone in WI anyways so good riddens.

I'm hoping to make it up to WI again this Sat or Sun to do some hunting....especially after all of the action last weekend. Good luck to those of you with seasons beginning this week and those whose seasons have already opened!!

Mike

2. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, 1 more week come Saturday and i'll be in a stand. Going out tomorrow after work to do one last check of my stands and the camera's. Might make a Mock scrape while out there. will update with any new pics and info. 8 days 18 hours untill i'm in a stand for the first time this season! can't wait. next week is going to SUCK!!!

3. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Deer should be moving tomorrow. We'll see. Still have no clue where I'm gonna sit, but let's hope I guess right! Good luck to everyone else getting out this weekend.

4. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One more long week from tomorrow... Seems like an eternity from here! Been seeing lots of deer lately, I sure hope they don't all disappear come opening day

5. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    i agree, and good luck to you guys going out this weekend! lets see some more photo's :rock:

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I could have added 50 points to our score this morning, but I'm not going to shoot does just yet. I still have some acrylic sheets to put up on the walls of my processing shed I'm building, and seal the wall/floor joints. I will get that done tomorrow between hunts, then I have to wait until the power company runs electricity from the road to my shed (which should be any time now).

No worries though, I will definitely shoot a doe before its all over. Im back in the stand after my 12:30 class :tu:

7. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Good Luck Cole!!!
    I will be out tomorrow since we will be having a N.E. wind. Right about 06:30PM I hope to catch him sneaking out of his bed
    in this small little swamp.

8. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    Well checked the cams on Friday for one last time before next Saturday's Opener. Got some great pics. Always great to see them with out velvet. Here they are.

Thought this is a great pic, just put this WG cam out, amazed at the picture quality
    [​IMG]

Going to be taking a few does this season
    [​IMG]

2nd best pic. 3 bucks with 2 sparing in the background
    [​IMG]

Best Pic, 2 of our hit listers
    [​IMG]

better pic of our number 1
    [​IMG]

getting very excited for saturday!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2011
  9. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Added 50 points to our total this AM. It was the 4th deer past me this AM and my first harvest captured on film. The other deer this AM were a single antlered 2 pointer and a doe with it's fawn. Last evening I was close to sealing the deal on a decent 9 pointer (around 125"), but I just could not draw on him knowing that there are a few larger ones in the area where I was hunting. I am also had what I believe to be the same mom/fawn, a four pointer and then a deer that snorted at the field edge (caught my trail into the woods) that I could not see.

I have never seen so many deer during bow hunting sits as what I have so far this season. IL starts Sat and I will be back to seeing a deer every 10-12 sits!!

With the 50 points out of the way and some meat in the freezer I can now strategize and focus on something with some bone on it's head!

10. Evilstuff

Dislikes Received:
    Great looking Doe Mike! Congrats

11. Rory/MO

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job on the doe! Gotta love getting in on film too! No deer for me this weekend. Left my hunting stuff back home so won't be hunting at all this week. Maybe over the weekend, but probably gonna take a weekend off.

12. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!

I had a pretty good night tonight, I hunted a new spot. I saw about 10 does, and they all came within 20 yards of me. I also had 5 bucks come through, one being a 135-140" buck. I passed on him though as I know there are bigger bucks running around. The next afternoon I have a south wind, I will be going back with my stand and sticks to set up where I saw them all come out.

13. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mike that is awesome.

14. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe! Another 50 for the good guys

I had three sits this weekend and saw deer all three times but just couldnt give the right deer to give me a shot. I had three 115-120" 8 points within range but the does stayed just too far out. I felt good to be back in the tree.

15. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats and way to get us on the board!

I went out Sunday afternoon and all I got for it was a good rain soaking.

16. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will Saturday EVER get here?! I feel like a monkey, I wanna climb up in a tree sooooooooooo bad LOL

17. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure who all got the text but Cole dropped a dandy tonight:nana:

18. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Cole, that is an awesome buck. We are in the lead for sure now.

19. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have picture texts so all I got was the inches message...151 3/8! Way to go man. Can't wait to see the pics!

20. Rory/MO

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Cole!! I need to get some points on the board for us here soon! Talked to my brother today and he's bringing my stuff on the way to one of the farms we hunt and picking me up Friday.. A lot of beans still green there I think I'm gonna try to get a natural blind setup and whack a doe Saturday! Can't wait to see this buck!