Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe I got the wrong impression....I thought Indy said that spot is usually pretty good and he's had a nice 11 point walking around there all fall. That doesn't sound like a spot that he keeps going to and not seeing anything. It sounds like a spot that they moved out of for a bit and will be back....all I was saying is that I'd personally consider trying something different from the conventional and keep trying it.

He's free to do as he wishes and so is everyone else....I was just sayin...

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I only get camera action Brent. Rarely do I see deer while sitting but it does happen. The 11 is only a few minutes to an hour outside of shooting time so I may get lucky.

So check this out! I didn't get one but my neighbor's boy did. They hunt about 5 miles away. This is his very first ever deer!

Attached Files:

3. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm just agreeing with Chago.

4. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    The smile says it all!

5. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I couldn't be happier for him! He's been really interesting in hunting and his dad is the one who got me started.
    I put the tape on it and it was 154 inch gross but had a ton of deductions so it was 127 net.

6. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It was a beautiful crisp morning in central OK. I hope yuall had good weather and are in a tree somewhere... I'm home cookin a turkey for second family thanksgiving.

7. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Brineing a turkey tonight and deep frying it tomorrow.

New spot to check out tomorrow.

8. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man I've only been out once since I took my buck. Not cause I'm less motivated. Just been swamped at work. Ill get that other 50 points!

9. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No luck yet but I'm glad to say I got a pic of the big 11 this morning at 6 am. Glad he's still alive with one week to go in rifle season.

10. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Mine is alive too. I got a pic of him Wednesday night. Now if only he would come out during shooting hours. I had 2 come in before shooting light. I could see the silouttees but that's all. One was much bigger like a buck. Still just too dark.

Well hunting vacation #2 has come and gone. It's work next week, Brazil the following week, work a week, then Christmas vacation. I'm kind of on the week on / week off program. Still a lot of hunting to do!

11. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Jeeze...I'm going to have to pop a couple and ship them up there to you, lol!
    Hahaha, you'll nail one (or two) here pretty soon I bet.

12. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know this isn't the place for it but can I just say WAR DAMN EAGLE! My pops played for auburn back in the 70's and have been a huge fan my entire life. Never thought I would watch a better iron bowl after the 2010 "Camback" but that was just one of the top 5 games ever played in the history of the game IMO! I hope everyone watched it am if you didn't, you should go watch a replay!!!

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, I don't watch much football and I didn't watch any of tha tgame except the last quarter....I was in awe of that runback! I was like No effing way! Lol, that was a classic for sure. I was telling my dad that I've never seen that or heard of that happening. Cudos to tha tcoach for the presence of mind t oknow the kicker didn't have the leg and to put a return guy in position.

14. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    It was an awesome football game for both teams! One ill never forget probably and I'm not a huge sports fan like that...

15. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to remember the rules of the contest and too lazy to go find them myself. If/when I kill a second buck that is larger than the 1st can the first be replaced?

16. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    No. First buck stands as measured buck.

17. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately no, it will not count... however, you are encouraged to post it in here!!

18. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome he played for Auburn. No offense but I'm hoping to see FSU / OSU in the BCS. Just need the SEC out of it one year lol. I do think that both Auburn, Alabama and Mizzou are better teams than both FSU / OSU.
    I didn't actually get to see that play unfold live. My girlfriend and I were Christmas shopping. Bama had missed the chip shot and we got out of the car. We were only back in long enough to go next door, then again to the other end of the parking lot to buffalo wild wings for dinner. I just assumed that Bama had taken the win.

Really it was a great day for football. One of the best football days all year really.

I wonder what will happen to the OSU player who flipped off the crowd after being ejected.

19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    You can count it as a fergie buck too, which will count as your 50 points in place of a doe (Fergie clause).

20. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm a NFL nut, I really don't follow college ball though. I'm a Broncos fan, still have never gone to a game. I refuse to drive two hours to Buffalo if they ever play them their. I want to reserve my NFL experience to be at Mile High Stadium! And yes we won again yesterday LOL

Well boys I went out last night with a buddy, hes a young hunter. He took what to me was the weirdest buck ever. I will post pics later. This deer was a good ole Canadian deer, 190lbs dressed. If I showed you a pic of the antlers though you would never believe me. One side is a spike and the other is 3 point, very small skinny, like a 1.5 year old deer. I have never in my life seen a 1.5 year old deer with a deep chest cavity like this one and weigh what this guy weighed. So either this was a really good year or this is a older deer with some brutal antler genetics. Either way I can't score any points for this deer as I didn't shoot it, But I dragged it, gutted it, skinned it. I deserve at least 25 points for that right??? LOL