Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't seen buckhunter or Cunningham post their kills in the contest. Has anyone spoken to them? Isn't their a limit as to how long you can wait before posting?

Nice pics bob and covey. Covey I don't know why but I expected you to be a lot older lmao. You just seek like a old wiseman hahaha clearly though bob has taken that role over now. That beard is full of life experiences hahaha

We'll done gents.

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hahaha, IDK...I turned 38 this past Sept. 27th. I've always been pretty active and lived on the farm since I was 12, farmed since then and hunted since I was like 6. Enough experience at a lot of stuff to be considered a "sage" I guess, lol. Still young enough to love the internet and tech though!

As far as deer tags left to fill....I need to get to shooting deer! I can take two archery bucks in MO as long as one is before firearms (nov. 16th-25th) and one after and I have four doe tags (three left). In KS I have a buck and a doe tag and I can buy about as many additional doe tags as I want in either state. SO..I have five open tags on hand...up to three of those are anydeer. Would be an expensive proposition if I accidentally shot three wall hangers in one year, lol.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2013
  3. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't think there is a time limit, but they would prefer you post it up ASAP...

4. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    WOW boys I checked my cards after about 10 days and its all good news !!!!! The migration has arrived. I don't know if everyone experiences it like this but I have never seen a property with such a deer "migration" I see zero bucks all year. And now three years in a row Halloween brings a crap load of bucks at once. 2 years ago was Nov 1, last year was HAlloween, this year was the 30th. Since the 30th evening I have had 8 different bucks coming and going to my plots every morning and night. I have some really nice day time pics of some young boys and one monster. 10 pointer came out at 815 am!!! nice!

So let the games begin

5. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    The same thing happened here at the house this year. I was getting nothing but does and yearlings for a long time and then all at once in mid Oct. something popped and the bucks started showing up on trail cameras here too. The other properties weren't like that, I was getting bucks on all the cameras except the three cams here at the home 350 acres...it's really odd.

Glad they showed up for you bro! Good luck slamming a few of them!

6. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice deer everyone congrats

7. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great job guys!
    I passed a nice buck this morning. He was a 9 pointer and went out to his ears, good tine length also. However, I know there are bigger ones in there. If not, is a regular. Hopefully I make it back down there. My friend that owns it has been weird about it lately.
    No worries though, the property at my house has been heating up so I'll be out there the next few days.

Also, I'll be going down south later this week so hopefully I get at least a doe, best case scenario, that heavy 9.

8. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have a look at this deer. What you guys think? I was thinking its a yearling with some monster main beams for a yearling. Potentially a great deer one day.

PICT0499.jpg PICT0472.jpg PICT0474.jpg PICT0478.jpg

9. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Then I have this nice deer, looks like a shooter. This is literally 80 yards in plane site from my kitchen window LOL

PICT0718.jpg PICT0719.jpg PICT0720.jpg

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I think you're right on the first deer's age. He's sure enjoying that apple!

Second deer is nice and pretty.

11. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like the second one could be the yearlings daddy.

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Should we post Buckhunter1988's buck in the contest thread for him? He gave us the pics and the score....

13. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think it should be posted by him. They might think we were tryin to pull some shenanigans. You could PM fitz and see what he says...

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I did PM him right after posting this question here. Fitz said as long as the info is all there and accurate to post it. Someone can check the numbers if they get a chance but I posted it up anyway over in the contest thread. This contest is going to have to operate on a lot of "trust" seems to me...I have no idea how to verify everyone's entries over such long distance. Should be fine, I didn't add up his numbers but I didn't see anything that was obvious....tine lengths and everything looked realistic.

I looked back in my old PM's and evidently buckhunter1988 did ask me to post it for him but the title of the pm was trail camera pics and I didn't realize it was about his entry. My fault for misreading the PM, sorry...it's done now.

15. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow what a morning I had. We'll right after first light a beauty 10 point stepped out. I saw him behind me and needed to get up and turn. As I was doing that he just kept walking along. By the time I was ready he was not out of range but out of shooting lanes. And slowly just walked away!!!! Ugghjj.

Then I saw another 10 point off in the distance about 100 or so yards away. Then I had this silly 4 point who really wanted to die. He was in front of me then behind me. The under me. He kept diaspora ring then coming back I couldn't understand where he wanted to go. I didn't want to waste a tag on him though.

Lastly at around 745 am a doe walks in. I waited to make sure she wasn't being followed. Then the 4 point idiot came back. So I shot the doe. I felt good about the shot. It seemed like it was a little high in no mans land but it was such a steep angle from stand I knew it would penetrate down into lungs. I followed a pink and frothy blood trail about 150+ yards surprisingly. Onto a neighbour property. Who greeted us with shouting of no hunting and nice four letter adjectives. We told him we were just retrieving not hunting. He refused to let us stay. Based on the blood we had to be within 50 yards of this thing in the tall brush and grass we were in. I was surprised we even ran into this guy in that thick crap.

I have a family event I had to leave to attend today. My hunting buddy lives a lot closer to that property and owns two well trained beagles. He is going to take them in later this evening quickly and drag deer to our property. I'm sure dogs will make quick work of her as she can't be far at all.

I hope I can take a pic tonight with this deer or tomorrow morning. Up here it's below freezing so meat is in no danger of spoiling. And the yotes would never be bold enough to come mid day

16. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good work Chago!!!

I got in my stand this morning... bumped a few does walking in and didn't see anything once light hit.

After I got down I grabbed the card from cam next to my stand. Sure enough, 6 minutes before I walked in the woods there was a massive 8 pointer on cam. That's a good sign! We're getting new bucks on cam every week.

Things are still very green here though. It's kind of strange for this late in the year.

17. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Chago....hope the recovery goes well but I'm not feeling very confident in the odds. I'm afraid the neighbor may steal your deer. I hope not though.

Indy is going to lay the hammer down on a big guy one of these days...I just know it!

18. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya covey I've been pretending that that isn't on my mind. To be honest I think he already was working on taking her when we got there. I sat in stand about 90 minutes after shooting her, only to see if more deer would come an my hunting partner wanted to hunt out his time. In that time that moron could have found it.

Local story goes though that this guy is like a animal activist or something like that. Guys always ask him for permission to hunt and he always sends people away with all sorts of rants and raves about anti hunting. If he's suck a animal "lover" I can't see him letting a animal waste rather than let a hunter eat it.

Although I wouldn't be surprised this is the same farm my stuff was stolen from. Yup there it goes, my stomach sank. Keep my fingers crossed its thee tonight. Otherwise you may here of a barn burning down in canada on CNN tomorrow lol

19. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think the wrong score got posted guys. Let's find out for sure.

That's an awesome buck for sure, but I'm honestly not seeing a 150-160" 8 pt there.

For reference, this is a 136 1/4" 8 pt

[​IMG]

Why don't we wait for buckhunter to clarify :tu:

20. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I guess the obvious question is: Are you sure you measured yours correctly?!
    Lol, JK.

I sent a PM and an Email to bh1988 a little while ago.

That chocolate rack is flipping pretty!