Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Okie that deer is a stud and I'd kill him anytime!!! Congrats brother that is awesome!!! I'm jacked for ya!!!

I saw my first shooter today at 8am trotting through. Totally ignored me. But it is finally getting cold and I saw a shooter. Hell yea.

And okie killed one!!!!

2. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah they are deff. moving good now.
    It's been a good day!

3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We'll it sure was. I had a incredible night tonight but just couldn't get it done. Saw a groupe of 8 turkey's walk passed early. They are open now but didn't want to blow my my hunt. Then a few hours later 5 more appear. Then at 6pm I watched two more come back and fly up to roost for the night. 630 I heard the epic stick break. Coming from a totally unexpected spot behind me. A 140 class buck easy.

I dropped from doe estrous urine on my way in to stand. I watched him come in to about 35 yards away but a terrible location for me to shoot. For one it was just awkward instant and two he had tons of branches between me and him. He was tearing the hell out of a tree. Scraping, and looked almost like he was fighting with the tree. Leaves and dirt were flying how much he was getting into this. Lifted a log off the ground and almost threw it. Just super aggressive behaviour. Then all of a sudden had a small spook, ran like 15 yards. Then walked away out of sight.

What could have caused that small spook in the middle of his fight with the tree? I was thinking maybe the doe urine or my boot print spooked him a little. Or maybe the turkey right above him shifted in the tree and gave him a slight scare. No wa he winded me and if he did he would have ran like hell.

That's uunting

4. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Cool evening in the stand Chago! I'm anxious for a few turkeys to walk by...I like wild turkey (the bird, lol) about as well as venison.

This morning OMG! left the scrape and went straight to the local huge rub which is a walnut sprout that's about 8" diameter and started hammering that thing. I could hear it shaking and his antlers sqeeking against it. There's a tree top right in my line of sight between me and that rub so I didn't get to watch him in action.

Here's the big nine I'm chasing from that stand besides OMG! and then of course here's a shot of OMG! as he entered the scrape this morning.:
    9 (10?) point...I think I'm naming him "Spirit" due to this pic:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one is OMG!, this angle isn't so flattering...might not even be him but if not this one is a dandy too.

[​IMG]

I know this one is OMG! just for comparison sake:
    [​IMG]

5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man Brent, that guy is so big. I can't wait for rut to kick in and these guys come out during the light.

6. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    OMG! has been being out in daylight, I had him on this camera as late as 7:45am and I saw him at 8:45 yesterday when I got down from the stand *face palm*.

Most of the rest of them are sticking to darkthirty hours though. KS tags double as firarms tags too so I'm going to be laying some meat on the ground sooner or later, lol.

7. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations Okie! That's a heck of a buck. Sounds like everyone is seeing alot of deer movement lately. Wish I could say the same. I'm not sure what the deal is in my neck of the woods. I spent all weekend with my 8 yr old in the stand since this weekend was youth rifle season here in Okla. Unfortunately we didn't have any luck. Although we didn't sit for long periods since he's still a little green although he's motivated! I did get out to the property yesterday and found two fresh scrapes and a nice sized rub just about 50 yards from my primary bow stand. Hopefully with the lower temps the action will pick up. Good luck to the rest of ya!

8. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks oklabowyer! And thank you for taking your son hunting! Things will be heating up over the next few weeks. Don't pass an opportunity to be in the stand!

9. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    I posted my buck up on the scorecard... I'll be hunting Halloween weekend in my town's deer population control archery hunt to take a doe.

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning...still no luck. Saw about 20 deer but the yall went around my stand.

I have a conundrum developing...I keep getting contradictory pics of this monster buck I named OMG...I get pics that looks like OMG but not nearly as wide and then I get pics that I know without a doubt it's OMG. I pulled another card this morning and had the big sticker buck on there that I thought was OMG but he seems way too narrow but really tall but he has the stickers in the right places...I'm lost and confused.

I'm thinking more than ever that I have one or maybe two different monsters on that property and have been getting them confused in pics....I don't know....
    The pics above are a good example, then the good pic I got this morning from behind and close up clearly shows a rack that appeares to be not far outside his ears but all the correct sticker points on the G2's....this is giving me a headache.

11. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good problem to have!!

12. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    With all your monsters it is easy to get confused. I'd go back to to the original OMG pix and pick out something identifiable - is it the g2 stickers?

How many bucks can yuall kill up there?

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    One buck in KS and one in MO since I own property that's split by the state line.

Yeah I tried going back through the pics but they all have stickers in about the same places on the G2's which is why I assumed they were all of the same deer but then once in a while I get a pic of him that looks way wider than the others and it drives me bonkers. I don't know if I'm just seeing different angles of the same deer or if it's different deer alltogether that just look really similar or were possibly twins.

They both have a crab claw on the end of the left antler but the left G2 stickers i nthe above 2 pics do seem to be in different places?

14. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Do you have lisences to take on in each state?

15. deerdork

deerdork Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas. Just thought I'd let you know I haven't forgot about the team. It's been pretty slow here so I haven't went out hardly at all. Our numbers are down by at least half. Most of the locals are predicting more than that. Anyway, that's enough *****in. As of this weekend I figure the pre-rut will be upon us. This is the time of the year I intend to hit it hard. I'll try and be a little more active on the site from here out.

One other thing... Great buck Marty!

16. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, one buck in each state.

17. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We'll boys I invited a friend out tonight. Out him Ina stand and look what he did.

image.jpg

149 1/2 net lol I must be honest I was jelious at first, he bought a tag at lunch today. I set him up in a stand at 530 and at 630 deer was down. Lol

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Cool.....bloody cool, lol!

19. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    thanks! It was an awesome day, for sure!

I probably owe yaull the full story...

20. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's an awesome Buck! Wow! Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2