Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Copper dog! Good job!

2. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hahah put a pic of the sunglasses on the doe LOL

Congrats. Its too early to watch score board. Coppers doe just bumped us like 5 positions up.

3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    almost midnight and I'm up just reading the forum. I can't sleep, I am currently building two houses but have people maintaining my roles. I try to always arrange this all year so that hunting season I have a lot of free time. I've killed more ducks this season then I have in my life combined as I keep going just to get my fix LOL man I need this weather to change. I'm just going around the forum starting chaos LOL I wonder how expensive it would be to have a chopper with those infrared cameras to fly over my woods and tell me where the deer are feeding and sleeping LOL

4. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice CD!!! That doe looks delicious!

If I can ever get out of work I will be leaving for the cabin all weekend. I'm hoping to get a short sit in tonight but we'll see. I think the cabin is going to need some work to get in order.

I will have limited access so good luck guys! let's turn some arrows red.

5. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    THATA BOY!!!! Tell us the story! And congrats!!!!!!

6. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    K finally have a good wind for one of my stands. K take a chance at a doe tonight. Just got in stand now.

7. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Change of plans... Am at my in-laws in far western ok, beckham county. My friend calls this place a petting zoo, but he also calls my place in eastern ok that too. Should have plenty of opportunities tomorrow to poke a deer or a turkey.

8. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job! Grats!

9. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great job Copper dog! That's awesome man! Congratulations! And thank you for the 50 points! :0)

10. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Okie!!!! Get a good one, okiedokee.:lol:

11. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job on the doe

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I pulled the four cards here at home this morning and thankfully the bucks are now showing up. I lost count on all the different bucks and still does galore.

Only had three or four shooters and only two of those are wall hangers but one is deffinitely a stud in my book. Unfortunately I selected all the pics and click and dragged them over to a pic file to save them and it said it was saving when it finished I erased them all off the card to free them up for redeployment and when I checked to pull the big boys to post here the pics weren't in the save file so I don't know what happened but I'm pissed to say the least....

The good one here at home I had about a dozen pics of and he's got great mass and stickers all the heck over. I counted 12 or 13 points on a mainfraim 8 but he has a crab claw on the end of his right main making him a 9 and split brow tines and several stickers I think at least a couple long enough to count. Boy he's got great character!

I saw a big limb busted down on my usual atv trail heading away from that camera...I knew damn well I probably had the buck that did it on that camera. Luckily I did print off a pic of him, I'll try to scan it back into the PC later on, right now I'm off to hang stands and pull the other 10 cards from the other properties. Hopefully I have some real breathtakers on there!

13. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, just got home from my first weekend in the stand. Really excited for all the movement. I sat 3 times and saw deer each times.
    I had a nice doe come in Saturday night but I got in a hurry and rushed the shot. The arrow went right over her back. Just a dumb mistake. Glad I only missed and didn't wound it. Oh well, it happens, plenty of season left.

I'm hoping Friday after work I can make it down to southwest Indiana.

14. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just had a drastic change I. Weather. South wind and rain. Just switched the skies cleared, temps dropped hd wind flipped to a north west. Gonna run in for a short sit see if I get lucky.

15. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Great trip to western ok. Didn't harvest anything but saw plenty of critters.

Yesterday was slow as the wind was howling 25+ mph. Yesterday afternoon I went walking the windbreaks and stalked/pushed some does down the windrow. I decided to sit at prime time thinking they might want to get back to their beds and sure enough they came back shortly. I shot and missed.

This morning I got to my favorite spot well before light and was barely settled (had not nocked and arrow or gotten my release on yet there was no point) when I see a solo, big bodied deer coming to the willow 30 yards away I had just sprayed dominant buck on. He thrashed the willow for 5 minutes and continued on his way. Obviously it was a buck but no clue exactly how big. It was too dark.

Turkeys were messing around on the neighbors behind me. I called to them but they were not interested in coming my way. Started walking the windrow back to the truck and pushed deer all the way. I had to leave to get gone by noon, and As I cut across the CRP field, they were stomping and blowing in the trees... Get out of here, you interloper!

It's too bad my father in law is probably going to sell the place soon. If I had the money, I would buy all or some of the property. It might be the last time I get to hunt it...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  16. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Well I finally managed to get two of four new stands set today, visited 10 of 14 cameras and collected SD cards, rebaited the cams and checked the cards this evening. I have freaking fantastic bucks all over the place and still have two cards tha tI have not pulled since early September when I set them out.

Holy cow! This card pull did not dissapoint at all! Recall some time back I posted about seeing a monster and then didn't have him on any of the cards? Okay well I finally got him on camera and this is one of the cams I set a treestand up over today. Check out this mofo....He is officiallyt named, "OMG" (Oh MY Gosh) because the morning I saw him for about 5 seconds I just sat there in the truck for maybe 5 minutes saying Oh My Gosh! I did the same thing this evening. I also got him on another camera on this property.

OMG:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm naming that deer Holy ****! Good luck on that guy!

18. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, CM! The straight on pic is kinda misleading - you can tell he is tall though... And then in the sideways shot... OMG!!!

19. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    x 2!!!!!!!

Hope you kill that big boy!!!

20. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He's working a scrape. You need to be there every day that you can since he's in there during daylight checking it. Good luck, he's a stud!