Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Indy!

2. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys. I have a couple more hundred acres around the state I can hunt. The big chunk (380 acres) might be going away. Unfortunately because that's where the big deer are. I think I may still be able to use the land so that I can pass through to remote areas of state land though. As long as I can do that it shouldn't be a big deal, that's what I was planning on doing anyways.

3. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Touché sir

4. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good Chris...have always wanted to work in my own land...someday!

Do you have more stands on that 20? Do you ever hunt the southern edge of the thick bedding area with the right wind? Just some thoughts.

5. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Drew first blood with my new Hoyt spyder today...felt good! [​IMG][​IMG]

6. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That should be worth 10 points! Lol!

7. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    great kill shot!

8. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice shooting

9. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    hey guys just a question

someone previously said make sure we all collect a doe for the extra 50 points. But doesn't the doe need to come after your scoring buck??? I thought rules stated only first buck counts for P&Y scoring. After that any buck no matter the size is 50.

10. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Cool Property. This is a image of mine. I live on the bottom left on 4 acres. Behind me is 100 acres of woods that are very very very thick.

On the bottom left on my property I have a roughly 3/4 acre food plot. Seeded with sunflowers and brassicas. You can see a red dot, that's my stand there. Not far from that stand is another stand which I just set up and I think is going to be my jackpot stand. Last year deer kept staging in that small clearing just inside the bush. Then at dark would come into the plot. So this year Ill wait for them their. I have a view of the plot and staging area. And I am way way up so I should be able to get my scent away.

Those orange lines are trails I chain sawed through the thick woods. Deer have been using them a lot. On the far right side you see one trail does like a cul de sac. Well that's where I put another stand now, two apple trees right under me.

That pink line is a trail used by many horse back riders, so property owner asked me to stay away from their.... until late season when no one rides anymore muuhhhaahaha

[​IMG]

Nice kill with the new bow. When I got my new xpedition I did this as soon as I came home LOL I think the 2" rage was a little overkill for this fox. I **** you not I shot this guy at 59 yards. A little gory I know. He was laying down on my plot when I first seeded my spring mix. When I shot him the arrow easily passed through but since he was laying down it hit the dirt behind him. So when he got up and ran the arrow was across his entire body. Well as soon as he ran into the trees.... lets say the arrow stayed, but he didn't LOL

[​IMG]

Since my photobucket is already open. I'll show off my Florida hunt, I went this passed spring. Wow what a experience. 1 week and it was a phenomenal time. Stalking in the thick jungle like woods of Florida after 2000lb creatures that can trample you in a second with a bow was a little scary LOL But it was a experience for sure.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, cool pics and stories! I got nothing like that in my history...only things I have ever shot with a bow besides deer are coons, oppossums, bobcats and coyotes. I want to go for bear (black and griz) elk, caribou and mule deer.

12. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    That's if you get two bucks. The first one will count for scoring. The second one no matter how big will only count 50 points. Same as a doe. You can get a doe first for fifty but your first Buck will be scored.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    I might not be contributing anything but a doe fro mthe looks of my cam pics.....
    Pulled them again today and had about 1200 pics from 4 cameras and all but about five of them were does and fawns and the other five were buttons. Most of them were the same deer over and over...need to set my time delay longer but the deer were just standing and eating for about thirty minutes at a time. I roughly counted about 25, maybe 30 different deer but it's hard to tell hen they are all does. One give away is tha tthey are changing coats now and the patterns in their fur are sort of recognizable.

Where the hell the bucks are....I have no idea....I hope there are some around. Saw a fair 8 point here the other day in the beans but not on camera.

14. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Covey I have no buck pics either yet. I never do until rut. Don't worry you run a similar business as myself. A ***** house lol

Your fawns weren't made by te does alone. Some bucks had to come make them. My property I never see bucks. From October to about Christmas I have new monster bucks nightly. Bucks usually yard up away from the does in the off season.

15. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, yeah...that's one way of putting it, lol.
    Well I haven't even bothered setting out trail cams for several years now (two I think but lost track) even back when I did use them a lot..I always got them out late and was generally into bow season and before firearms season. There were a few years there that I set some out in July. I recall having the same experience back then....all does and fawns until late. Which is why I finally started just waitingto set them out until later.
    Of the 350 acres here at the house, I only have the four cameras spread out on roughly 108 acres too, 80 acres is open crop so no need to set there but there's another 100 acres of brush and native warm season grass on the other side of the creek that's more challenging to get to and where my best bow stands are where I have no cameras out yet....bucks are probably hanging together and may be over on that side of the property.

Need to get my other cameras out but I got caught up in a CRP noxious weed mess this week and a dozer repair that has just turned things upside down.

16. Bob Thomas

Dislikes Received:
    Yup where there are doe there will be bucks looking for them sooner or later.

17. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I have tried but it's tough. There's a very steep hill around the entire edge and with the trees, you're basically sitting level with the surrounding ground. Also, some trees blew over in storms this spring. The place is just a mess lol

18. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I really like those hoyt spiders. My favorite though is the snow camo with carbon fiber dipped limbs, just looks so cool. Nice shooting too, those are bi*tch to hit.

19. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Man that is SO cool!!! Where did you go in Florida?

20. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, we got a good rain last night, just what the plots needed. The small creek also, that thing is key.