** Official Team 22 Thread **

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Evilstuff, Aug 19, 2013.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I got a pack of Rage 2 blades and a pack of Killzones. Think Ill lead off with the Killzones but both shot the same. Was nice to not have to tune, dont think I had the time for that. If I had must less of a bow/arrow combo I would have put in the extra time, but I have no doubt Im showing plenty respect to the animal with my set up and these heads. I have always been against them (not against people who use them, just personal thing), but I am looking forward to seeing how they do this year. Come on clock, tick faster!!!

2. SouthernMDArcher

SouthernMDArcher Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have got some forced time off due to the government shutdown. So I decided to spend it hunting, yesterday morning I saw two fawn. Yesterday evening I had two fawn and a basket five point come in and feed on acorns from 5pm to 5:45pm. At 6:45 the two fawns returned and fed on acorns again.

I am still not seeing any mature doe other than the occasional one with a fawn here and there, this is really strange. 37 years bowhunting and 7 years on this property and I have never seen anything like this.

Dave

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  3. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, Hope to be in a tree for the first time this year on Friday. Been busy with family and work, I haven't been able to sneak out yet. Also hope the weather holds off, as there is a chance of rain.

good luck guys and shoot straight!

4. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Will be out tomorrow evening and sat morning and congrats wv!

5. jdailey0303

jdailey0303 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys I've been out 3 times and have seen deer every time. But either not big enough or not close enough so far. Feeling good about the season though. One of the three big boys are gonna get hung on the wall for sure. As for the broadhead talk, I'm a huge fan of the Killzone. I have 3 of them and two NAP Hellrazors in my quiver. Killzones for deer and Hellrazors for Coons, Coyotes, Turkeys, etc...killed my buck last year with an already shot Killzone and it was still sharp and deadly. Won't buy any other head but a NAP.

6. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else getting out, was real excited about having four days off, but mother nature isn't cooperating, been pouring the last 3 days with rain in the forecast for tomorrow...

7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Man im dying here. Season starts tomorrow its gonna be so hard driving around around seeing all the other hunters out lol. Cant wait till Monday!!

8. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was going to go out this morning but we were under a tornado watch most of the morning and it was raining like heck. Then in the afternoon the sun comes out and the temps got up to the low 80's. Now we've got storms all around us, and we're under a tornado watch again.

Don

9. wv_whitetailhunter

wv_whitetailhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checked my cameras today and had two shooter bucks I've been watching all summer near a couple of my stands this week and really excited to see another buck much bigger than both of these stroll by that I haven't seen before. I'm going to hunt tomorrow morning and hopefully tomorrow afternoon as well and pray that I pick the right stand and one of these bucks comes by. Good luck to everyone else who will be in the woods this weekend!

10. bowhunter18

bowhunter18 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Been way to hot for deer to move well. Nothing was the highlight of my sits today

11. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well been a decent weekend. Have seen a fair amount of does, but nothing worth shooting. Plus with the temps as they are I don't feel like proccessing a small doe today, lol. In stand now temp is 68 with a slight breeze. Seen a few does this morning

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk now Free

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i dont blame you there. Good luck today!! Im off tomorrow-wed. Tomorrow is callin for thunder storms all day so i guess no hunting for me till tuesday. Tuesday is looking good though here. Cooling off and ive always had luck hunting after its been raining a few days.

13. redz

redz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, hopefully it'll cool down here as well. Been in the upper 80's lately. 88 yesterday! :-P

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Raining pretty good. This storm might break earlier enough to get a couple hours in the stand though. We shall see...keeping an eye on the weather. Will post if I get out.

15. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bring it on Bambi!! 2013-10-07_16-36-48_114.jpg 2013-10-07_16-36-48_114.jpg

16. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Git-R-Done brother...Hoping to get out this week sometime

17. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Acckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk...................missed a doe at 48 yards and before anyone ask, yes I am confident shooting out to 60. She duck the arrow big time. Hope to be in the woods again this evening.

Dave

18. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    dag nab it, hate when that happens
    I'll be out later this afternoon and then again tomorrow

Don

19. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck fellas! Ill be out also with you. Not a great wind for me, but its my last hunt till next Tuesday, so if I get winded it wont mess up to much. Have a better chance taking the risk then sitting on the couch. Lets get some points boys!!!

20. SouthernMDArcher

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went out before the rain started and shot 20, 30, 40, 50 and 60 yards to verify my bow. Dead on at all ranges, now to the bad part..............for some reason my Wildgame range finder is ranging 8 yards high...........doh. Verified this at each target after shooting and pacing off each distance.

Replaced the battery thinking maybe the battery was going bad and it still ranges a 8 yard difference. Last night when I saw the doe coming and ranged the tree she would pass by I had a hard time getting the range finder to activate, had to hit the button like 5 times. I guess the cheap range finder I bought 4 years ago is finally giving out. Going to ****s Sporting goods after dinner to get me a Scout 1000 or something similar.

Thank goodness that doe was not one of my target bucks or I would be really upset right now)))))

Dave