Official Team 21 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by SparrowHawk, Sep 9, 2009.

1. rbhunting1

rbhunting1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I glad to see I'm not the only one in hot water with the wife. We three and a half months left to hunt. MG season opened this past Sat and I have'nt been out with the bow. I did manage to get big doe with my long bow (.270) Sat evening. Sorry guys.:( My dad told me to come hang a stand on his place. He only has 10 acres there but he has seen the big one there at least a half a dozen times.

[​IMG]

A picture of my doe. Sorry again, I want meat for the freezer.

[​IMG]

2. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys....how's everyone doing? I'm still plugging away. FINALLY starting to see some bucks, and hopefully the start of the rut. Its WAY late this year. Passed a nice 7pt tonight, just wasn't big enough for me - and a small 5pt a couple days ago. I'm heading to WV for our opening week tradition tomorrow...so its gun for a week, then back at it with the bow here where I live. Good luck guys...

Mike

3. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I got out last tuesday, tried a new spot , really thick, I found a a small patch of hard woods, and was thicket all the way around it, well at 410pm , a stud of a buck was checking the ridge top 55 yards away. (later learned there was a scrape line there) so I tried everythign to pull him at least 15 yards closer, no dice, he stood long enough to burn his image in my head, and disappeared over the ridge . im hoping to get another crack at him here soon.

4. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you get a whack at him mcorso!!

Congrats on the doe rb, she is a dandy!

Glad to hear you are starting to see bucks Mike. I'm hunting every pm and am this week/end. I'm doing it with the shotgun though ,it's pretty tough around my neck of the woods right now with the bow. I plan on taking out the bow again from Dec-Jan. I've always wanted to shoot a deer in the snow! The property I hunt is surrounded by corn fields all over, I think this may be an advantage to me once the snow covers everything and the deer are diggen for food. Any one else bowhunt from Dec-Jan?

5. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys....anyone still out there hunting? I just got back from our trip to WV for the rifle opener. Had a great time, and I posted about it here: http://forums.bowhunting.com/showthread.php?p=146092#post146092

Time to get back out with the bow...hopefully I'll be able to get on one!

Good luck guys...I hope some of you are still hunting!

Mike

Oh, and nice job rb on the doe! Forgot to give you congrats last time.

6. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I wish I would have taken my doe with a bow. There is a lot of season left here. Gun season ends next Sunday. I give them a little time to settle down, then I'll be back out and hopefully get us some more points.

7. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I was out this evening for a couple hours. Boy was it nice. Cold & crisp, and dead quiet. It was honestly the first time since Oct here (that I've been out) where the leaves were dry and crunchy, and there was no wind. I heard deer coming around 4:15. 4 showed up and passed by about 25yds away. I tiny spike buck and 3 does. About 5:00 I thought I heard a grunt in the thicket, then I heard a deer walking. Never could lay eyes on it...it was just in a tad too deep, and it was getting dark fast. Heard 8 gunshots this evening....one AFTER dark coming from my neighbors property :confused: Even if they were shooting in his field, it was still dark. ?

Anyone else still hunting?

I'm going to Cabelas in PA tomorrow.....we have an kids outdoors ministry at our church and we're doing a bus trip. Taking my daughter, should be fun...:)

Mike

8. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,, been laying low, our gun season is in till tomorrow, i went on the opener, saw a few bucks, and some does, the weather was strange, frost in the mornings ,then warm in the afternoons. I didnt see anything I wanted to take with a gun, so ill be out as soon as the gun season ends, hope you all had a nice thanksgiving.

9. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys? Anyone still hunting?

I haven't been out this week yet...gonna try and hit it tomorrow evening if I get everything done that I need to. Been cold and real windy here lately, with some snow too. Winds are supposed to be better tomorrow, we'll see.

Good luck to anyone still out!

Mike

10. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I did'nt go out this weekend; I had to do some Christmas shopping with my wife. I plan on getting out there this coming weekend and see what I can do. The week after Christmas, I'm on vacation, plan on doing a LOT then. Season ends here Feb 28th. That's 2 1/2 months left!

11. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I had planned to get out, but my wife wanted to go down to the cabin with me (which is fine with me) but I didnt get to hunt . got the feeders restocked and hung another stand , will be heading out this weekend,

12. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been hunting much since I whacked my buck. I've been super busy with school and looking to rent a house. My semester for school ends this week and I plan on doing some bow hunting from then until the season ends Jan. 1st. I've never shot anything in the month of December with my bow so wish me luck! Anyone have any good game plans for this time of the season hunting?

13. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys two weeks left and it looks like it will be a white two weeks! We got about 20" snow yesterday. I'm gonna try and hit it some this week....its been a while since we've had measurable snow that will last this time of year. I'll report back soon...hopefully with some good news!

Good luck...

14. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, its over here. Last day was yesterday....and honestly, I didn't even go out. It was about 15 degrees with 30+mph winds. I haven't seen a buck in 6 weeks here, and hardly any does....so the motivation just wasn't there to head out. All in all I can't complain. Had a good season with my kids. My son got a buck and doe, and my daughter was in on her first kill. Oh, and I have a full freezer, so I can't complain. Sorry I didn't put any points on the board for the team...I wish I could have gotten on a buck I wanted, or a doe WHEN I wanted to shoot one. I enjoyed it and it was fun being on a team with you guys. I don't know if anyone is still hunting or not, if you are...good luck!

Mike

15. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey mike, sorry your season is over, I too have been laying low due to the wind and cold.hope to get out again real soon.still got time

16. rbhunting1

Dislikes Received:
    I'm back to working 6 days a week 12 hrs a day. Not much to left to hunt. I plan to get out there sometime Sunday. Season is open til Feb. 28.

17. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    I hope everyone had a great season! I'm done here in MI. Up next is Turkey hunting!! I am also applying for a bear tag here in MI, they are pretty hard to get so maybe I'll get lucky.