Official Team 21 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by SparrowHawk, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mcorso

mcorso Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, was making my rounds and saw I got picked up! sweet! My name is mike I live in columbus oh, got some good areas to hunt, and have seen some real nice ones on the trail cams, Now all I need is luck and time, and think I can deliver. Ive been bowhunting a few years now , and have had everything possible thing go wrong, well this year Ive got all the bugs worked out, and am looking forward to the opener next weekend!! nice to meet all of you, Im off to my buddies property this weekend but will check in sunday when I get back, good luck to all of you,mike

2. WV Hunter

WV Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to see you made it Mike...welcome to the team!

3. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    wmd...I actually live outside of Winchester, VA. We aren't too awful far apart, couple hours max. I hunt in Hampshire county WV alot...as well as here in VA.

4. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome Mike! Awesome to see this team is finally coming together, a lot more action on the forums now! I will go ahead and change the team name to Team Deadzone!

5. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Deadzone it is! :cool:

Oh, and SparrowHawk....I nominate you as team captain :D

Now if we can just get our last two to check in we'll be good to go. I guess we can give them a little while longer, I know some folks don't pop in here real regular.

6. wmdbambibuster

wmdbambibuster Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mike glad you made it! im gd with sparrow as captain. Team Dead Zone it is!!!!!!!!!

7. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    I've been out the last two nights looking for a nice nanny to whack(Early Anterless season here in Michigan) I haven't seen squat! Going out tomorrow morning on some different property, I think these morning temperatures might help out a little bit. I'll try to get us a team Avatar in the next few days. We need to be representing in style!

8. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Gd luck SH been trying to do the same here in MD no luck yet going out again tonight. Went out last evening saw a real nice 8 pt , and a spike on the way in and that was it. The 8 was one step awy from me letting the air out of him but never happened.

And yes we need an awesome avatar.

9. SparrowHawk

Dislikes Received:
    No luck this morning either. Gonna be back at it again this evening after watching some College Football!

10. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Any luck with the avatar sparrowhawk?

11. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Just got back from my evening hunt no luck tonight .. Saw 3 little fawns. I'll try er again next week.

Any luck on the avatar yet?

12. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Where is everyone?

Sparrow did you go out last night?

When does everyone elses sesons start?

13. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    wmd... good effort. Can't kill em if you don't go! :D

I don't start for a couple more weeks here in VA...and not till Oct 17th in WV.
    WV dnr sucks! They bellyache all the time about having too many deer where I hunt (and we do) yet they are among the last states in the country to open bow season. :mad:

I am gonna take my son out on the youth hunt next Sat in VA. Its with a rifle though, but hopefully he can get one! Its buck or doe....we'll see. Not sure if he want's to shoot a doe or not right now, my guess is he'll be holding out for a buck.

We'll get an avatar eventually I'm sure...not because of me though, I have no clue how to do that stuff. Right now, I just wish the rest of our members would show up. We still have 2 that haven't checked in.

14. wmdbambibuster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i would be lost as well. Did anyone PM the MIA'S?

15. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, they did have a one week doe only early season. I didn't go, too much going on. Doesn't really matter to me...I can kill a doe anytime if I want to, we have a ton. Its a start, but really...I don't know why they just don't open the whole season a few weeks earlier. Stupid. They typically fart around with stuff and end up being 3-4yrs behind on all their decisions. A few years ago, they finally got away from the "kill a million bucks per year" after YEARS of people asking for change, and went to 3 bucks total, and put more emphasis on shooting does. Of course during that time...the doe population has quadrupled probably. I don't know anyone that is happy with the dnr decisions they've made in the last 20yrs...at least for our area.

wmd, I did pm everyone about a week ago. Will send one more, and if they don't show up soon, we'll have to get a couple substitutes I guess. I don't want to cut them short - but we gotta fill our team here pretty soon.

16. TexasBowHunter

TexasBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the delay in checking in, have been real busy with work and getting ready for the season....

Anyhow, I just got back from spending 4 days at our hunting land that we have here in Texas and it looks good for this year... I will also be spending a week in Illinois hunting this year...

17. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys...I think I have tracked down TexasBowHunter....over on HNI. I sent him a pm over there, he's been posting regular there (but hasn't been on in a few days). He hasn't been on here in about a month. Hopefully he'll get it and check in. He has alot of posts over there, and is on a team in that contest too...so I think he's solid.

Sniper on the other hand is probably MIA. He only has 1 post here, the day he signed up and hasn't been back since. He's not on HNI either. We'll give a couple more days and then I guess Sparrow can get with Justin to get us another alternate. I hope he shows, but its not likely is my guess.

Mike

18. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL....I didn't see that he posted right before me and checked in!
    (That is the one thing about this message board system that I don't like. If you don't refresh your browser...you can't see the newest threads, it automatically shows the cached page. It does that for me on here, HNI, and AT.)

Welcome TX....glad to see you made it! :D

And then there was 1.....SH, if we don't hear from him in the next couple days, send a pm to Justin and lets roll.

Mike

19. TexasBowHunter

TexasBowHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mike, thanks for the heads up.... Sorry to not have checked in earlier...

20. WV Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    No sweat TX...glad we could track you down!

Oh, and since you were late....we're gonna have to punish you by demanding that you go out and whack that one in your avatar :D:D:D