********Official Team 2 - Blind Dwellers ******

Discussion in '2015 Turkey Contest' started by BigHoss, Mar 16, 2015.

1. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys - finally my season in Minnesota. I'll be hunting Wednesday/Thursday/Friday. Gotta get it done.

BowhuntOrDie!

2. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where I hunt at home I barely get phone reception and have no wifi. Here are the pics sorry it took so long was up calling for others for longer then I thought. DSC_0237.jpg DSC_0244.jpg DSC_0246.jpg DSC_0250.jpg DSC_0252.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  3. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    CJ make sure you get the score and post in the scorecard thread so it counts for the team. I think they prefer if you do that as soon as you can. Congrats again man.

4. calbow

calbow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good luck Neal get er done bud! I don't know if we are going to get a chance this weekend but we will get after them hard very soon.

Go team blind dwellers!

5. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em Neal!!

6. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys I've been slacking. Been crazy busy trying to move the girlfriend in and all sorts of fun stuff. I will have the bird on the scorecard no later then tonight. Hopefully I can whack us a bigger one here in Illinois in 2 weeks. Went by the property yesterday and saw 2 toms and 4 jakes from the road. Good luck Neal!

7. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright my bird is on the scorecard.

8. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This gobbler has done the same thing the last two mornings. He keeps that up, next Saturday he's getting an arrow :) .

[​IMG]

9. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Same farm, different area. Today was the mentored/youth hunt for spring turkey. Second year in a row this girl dropped a bird first thing. She is a pro! I am really proud of her, she is a seasoned hunter at 12.

Edit: To clarify that is not my daughter, but my good friend and hunting partner's daughter.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  10. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got one of three ground blinds up today. Season opens this coming weekend but I won't be hunting at home since I'll be trying to get a good friend from school his first bird. So it will be two weeks before I can hunt the birds at home.
    [​IMG]

11. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Finally the count down starts. Looking forward to the Saturday morning opener.

Anybody getting any hunting in?

12. POWERHAWK_11

Dislikes Received:
    Weather looks good for our area on Saturday. 72 and sunny. Toms are starting to get off the hens already. We have found a few nests with eggs in them. Our neighbor found one that had 11 eggs in it. Hopefully we hit the cycle just right this year and the birds are searching.

13. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully. Saturday my friend called that gobbler his daughter shot (picture I posted above) right in off the roost. He was surprised how fast it came in.

14. BigHoss

BigHoss Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I let you down guys. I found out first hand that guillotine style broadheads and feathers don't mix. Sunday morning I had a pretty good tom come in, strutted up to my decoy just like the script reads. For whatever reason I aimed right at the base of his neck instead of the center. I hit just a little low, poked a pretty good hole in him and knocked him on his can. He popped right back up and ran off a ways and started to strut again. I nocked another arrow and shot just under him. That arrow convinced him to vacate the area though. He flew up a tree about a hundred yards away on an island. I watched him for about half an hour before he decided to fly to the other side of the island. I'm pretty sure he will be a little sore but fine. He was gaining elevation when he took off. I was really disappointed but I learned a few things from the experience.

15. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to read that man. Don't get too down on yourself over it. Turkey's are tough animals.

16. POWERHAWK_11

Dislikes Received:
    I think I am going to give up hunting opening morning. I am going to give my dad the opportunity to hunt that blind I setup. He hasn't shot a bird in a few years and we haven't hunted together since I was 14. I will film him and take my bow in case another bird sticks around after he shoots his. Birds are on a solid pattern. They are in front of that blind at all times of the day. We can only hunt until noon for the first two weeks and then all day the last two weeks. Super pumped to get out there.

17. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Getting close. We are going to do some scout tonight and tomorrow night to make sure the birds haven't changed their roost then it is game on Saturday morning. I got bored yesterday and drew a turkey target (I was out of the ones I bought) and did some 30 yard shooting. I am not taking neck shots but felt if I could hit the neck at 30 I should be able to hit the vitals at 15 (where we set the decoys).

No comments on my art work and misplaced wing butts LOL :) . You can see I nailed the eye at 20...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. SparrowHawk

SparrowHawk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll comment on your artwork, it's a heck of a lot better then what I could do! I am getting just as excited as you as my season starts on Monday! Hey BigHoss, sorry to hear about your bad luck, I know how it feels to have everything go perfect and the shot just doesn't connect like we wish it would have, that's hunting!

19. CJCullen

CJCullen Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good Shooting! I'm pumped for you guys now that season is finally coming up! Ya and like Sparrow said there is no way I could draw like that lol. Ill be hunting again starting next Thursday and cant wait this spot is just full of birds and I get excited just driving by. I've been practicing like crazy with my recurve and I'll decide whether I'm bringing it or the compound probably on Wednesday night.

20. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So far only one hen right in front of the blind. Some gobbles early but that's it.[​IMG]