Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Official team 14 thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Finch, Aug 29, 2011.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Jeez Fran. I'd recommend that you check into that testosterone replacement therapy they keep running ads for on TV. That may fix you right up. :lol:

2. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Alright... it's September 1 today! Who is getting excited for the start of the season. Can't believe summer is over and fall is here!

Neal

3. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:

Are you kidding? I've been thinking all morning about how thankful I am that September is finally here. 22 days and a wake-up and it's on!

4. spe729

spe729 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hear that man... It seemed like summer was never going to end. Any of you guys have and good bucks on trail cam?

5. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I don't, but there's a good chance that it's because I don't use them.

6. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha...that would probably do it.

Guys...I'm going to go ahead and PM the other guys. Anyone have any team names in mind?

7. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I have some great trail cams of a few bucks I am after, but i'll wait until after the bowhunt or die episode airs... ;)

8. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    How about "Team 2400" ... 12 members 200 point club each! Or we could be team doe. :rock::nana:

9. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hope these other 6 guys check in. Neal, have the bowhunt or die staffers filmed in Ohio before? And any plans to do so this season?

10. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah...we won't stand a chance with only 6. :D

11. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I felt the need to do a proper check-in/intro so here it is. Woulda done it earlier but I have been under the weather the last couple of days. I'm Nathan, 36, father of three(2 boys 17, 9 & daughter 4) happily married living in Southeast VA. I live on the border of VA & NC so I hunt both states. NC bow opener is Sept.10 and VA is Oct.1. I will be hunting a little early season mainly some evening sits, Saturdays, and if the weather is cool/raining. I prefer to wait until the third week of October to start using vacation. I hunt a ton of public land a try to hunt a new piece every season but I also have access to some good private land from the VA mountains to the Eastern Shore. I take all my kids hunting whenever they want and we have had some pretty cool hunts the past couple of seasons.

Most of the lands I hunt have good bucks on them and I generally can find a couple to hunt but in all honestly I am not a horn hunter or mature buck hunter. I have limited sits and hunts each season, perhaps when I am a little older and the kids are all too cool for me I'll focus more on hunting some of the buck haunts I've found but for now I'll shoot any deer that gets me wound up and that don't take much. All that being said I'll try to knock down some doe points for us and I'm hoping some buck meanders past me between Sept. 10 and Jan. 7. I'll post up some maps, pics, and stuff. Last year a few teammates and I exchanged #'s and often texted from the stand, just a thought if anyones interested. It was pretty cool getting texts while I was at work just knowing someone was sittin on a stand somewhere, actually that kinda sucked sometimes...lol. Anyway, I get long winded so I'll wrap it up hope everyone gets checked in and let's get this season going.

12. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nathan...I'd be up for the texting deal. Don't know if you want a text from me every time I'm hunting. I only work 3 days in November. :D

My name is Donnie and I live in Southwest Virginia. I'm 26 and have been married to my highschool sweetheart almost three years. No babies but she would pop one out tomorrow if she could. I'm not so ready.

I hunt my company's 1600 acre property and share it with maybe 10 people, if that. It is bowhunt only and it is definitely a lot easier than the mountain hunting I grew up on. The bucks are bigger and more plentiful. Feel very fortunate to have a property to hunt like this.

Hopefully I'll get a shot at this guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Snapped these pics behind my house adjacent to some land I have permission to bowhunt.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Pics, some old...some new:

Attached Files:

14. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok I'm here. been too damn busy with school again and settin up my huntin spot (food plots, triming lanes, putting up cameras, etc.) Got some real heavy prints in the ground goin past my stand along the corn field. Hopefully the camera I put up on Sat will show what's going thru.
    Our season opens on Sept. 18. I'll can at least catch hunting Sat eve. Working Fri & Sun.
    Good luck to every one.

15. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Deer_Predator will be checking in shortly. He can be kind of slow at times. hehhehheheheh...

16. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Someone said bobss396 is on a bear hunt and should be checking in soon as well. That just leaves mossy, jackflap, and jason I think.

17. deer_predator

deer_predator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for that one C... LOL...

Hey y'all, Checking in from Central Illinois... Been a little busy but ALMOST back on track..

Just finishing up on the bowfishing season and I will be into full deer mode here shortly. Have some nice prospective bucks on the lineup for this year to add to the few I have on the wall. I promised momma that the next one to go on the wall will have to surpass the biggest on the wall now which is 176"... He's there and got his second chance last year... He's not getting any more chances... He's toast this year!...

I'll be checking in more frequently,

Ken

18. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Cody asked for captains and made a thread, someone want to volunteer? He also wants a list of no-shows so far and will be putting a deadline in so alternates can be placed if the need be. Team names?...Avatars?....Bueller?....Bueller?

19. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Gettin pumped up. I've been counting the days until opening day like a kid at christmas. 19 days to go. I see a guy already checked in a doe shot with a recurve, I wish our season came in that early. You guys can pick the name, doesn't matter to me. Now once this really gets under way, will there be an official standings thread that is updated daily or weekly or somethin? Well, good luck, hopefully some of you are lucky enough to live in an area where its already starting.
    -Jud

20. Pike OH

Pike OH Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And as for captain, that doesn't matter much to me either, as long as it's someone who would be available most of the time.