Official team 14 thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Finch, Aug 29, 2011.

1. nealmccullough

nealmccullough BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Me too... 2 weeks good luck!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

2. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted yesterday and saw 11. My morning stand was real hot saw 4 different bucks and 6 does. One of the bucks was a big 6 and another was a beast of a deer, a perfect looking 10 with a masive body. I'm guessing he was 220 # and probably about
    145"+/- he id absolutely the biggest buck I've seen from stand in a long time(got to watch him with binocs for a little bit but he never got closer that about 75 yards). I'm hunting tomorrow morning and it might be my last chance in that area because blackpowder starts Saturday and everybody and their uncle will be out. It's not just the hunting pressure I'm worried about but there are a lot of "road" hunters around so that's never good because even if they aren't shooting anything they are driving around all the time looking.

3. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, gonna be in the woods for the next three weeks. Hoping to bag a second buck. Supposed to get some rain and into tomorrow. Might go out in the ghillie suit and try to get it done from the ground. Good luck everyone!

4. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    ........crickets chirping........

5. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    ...Bueller....Bueller

Mid November...anyone deer hunting? Hope eveyones doing alright...?

6. spe729

spe729 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just hunting hard as possible. South winds around 30 and 70 degree temps are not helping things.

Where did I shoot him? In the chest.

7. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys...hope the hunting is good for you guys. It has been for me!

Scored on my second buck this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Nicely done Finch, what's the action like in your part of VA? It seems to have slowed a bit here in the last week or so, maybe because of much warmer weather and the moon...I'm not sure.

Anyway congrats on another nice VA buck!

9. Iamyourhuckleberry

Iamyourhuckleberry Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice Job Donnie!

10. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    New...this guy was just cruising when I called him to me. I really haven't seen any chasing yet which I find to be odd since I've been spending a lot of time in the woods. Really would have thought to see a lot more chasing by now. Also, haven't noticed many dead deer on the roads either.

Thanks Will! I appreciate it buddy!

11. spe729

spe729 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Need some help teammates!

The property I hunt in Kansas is timber surrounding cut bean fields this year. I have found 2 scrape lines that are about 100 yards long and consisting of 7 or 8 scrapes each. However, I have not found any rubs on trees bigger than about an inch in diameter. In September I was getting trail cam pics of 4 seperate 2.5 year old 8 and 9 points that would have been in the 120-130 range. I have not seen them since September, I have not bumped them, nor have I hunted a wind that was not perfect. Only one other person deer hunts within 2 miles of me, so I don't think that they have been shot. Just looking for some insight as to why I do not have any big rubs, and maybe a guess as to why the 2.5 year old deer disappeared.

I have attached some pics of the bucks that disappeared and a pic of the property with symbols of logging roads, bedding areas, scrape lines and tree stands.

Thanks for any insight.

deerground.JPG

HUNT0657.jpg HUNT0372.jpg HUNT0299.jpg HUNT0179.jpg HUNT0263.jpg HUNT0896.jpg

12. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats finch, at least some people here are contributing. I am one of those that haven't. I just got back from a 5 days trip up north. Not 1 buck seen in tow of the 15 does i saw. no rubs, 1 scrape that's it. Cool to see the does, but would've been better if I at least got to shoot. No shots presented themselves. the does got close each time but never in front of me. But here's the good/bad news. Hunted on my local land and pulled my camera card. Holy cow, I've got the 10 ptr, that I drew on 3 wks ago, on several 10 sec videos. Man that boy's got some mass. tines maybe 6-8". here's the bad news. gun season opens this Sat & I'm going back up north. hopefully I can get out thur morning. I'm leaving fri morning, so it doesn't leave me much time. I hope I connect with him on Thur. he's been passing right under my stand at 15 yds each time. I'll keep you guys informed. man I really like my new trail cam.

13. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Spe729..I have no idea buddy. I get tons of big buck pics in Sept and NEVER see them during season. Boggles my mind!

in da woods: Good luck on getting that buck! Sounds like hes begging to be shot. Which cam are you using? Post a video or two up when you get a chance.

14. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    I believe the brand is Stealth. great pics and video. If anyone has an idea of how I can upload the video let me know. I'm new to this tech. I do have a photobucket acct. Would I go thru that?
    Nothing tonight, but tommorrow mornign looks great for the weather.

15. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, you can upload through photobucket. Should be the same process as doing pictures. I'm assuming. Don't hold out. :)

16. NEW61375

Dislikes Received:
    Been playing cat and mouse with this guy for almost 2 weeks now. I no longer have the remote to adjust my date and time settings but this was Nov. 20 and the time is four hours earlier than it reads so roughly 2:00. And yes I'm pretty sure he knew it was Sunday and was just taunting me. Let's just say for now he's winning the cat and mouse game.

good 8  3.jpg good 8  4.jpg good 8  5.jpg

17. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    whoa, that's a nice cat your after! Hopefully the 10 ptr on my camera survived gun season. muzzle loader season this wk, then I'll be hittn in every afternoon in Dec. I've found another path the deer are using and will put my camera up there to see who's using it. I thought I'd seen some new heavy buck prints in the field for gun season, so maybe he's made it.

18. jackflap

jackflap Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I shot a buck today....will it get it entered in the next few days....nothing special..will probably score between 100-115.

19. in da woods

Dislikes Received:
    well the first guns season has come & gone. don't know about the 10 ptr I seen earlier this yr. if any of u get a chance, read my post in the general huntin section, bout my delema, and give me some ideas. gonna get out a few afternoons this week. hoping that my luck will change.

20. Finch

Finch Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck, Jackflap.

I was fortunate to take another buck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]