Official Team 13 Bucked up thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by bloodcrick, Nov 18, 2012.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I sent an email to a few of them. Really hoping they are still part of the team and contest. And would hate to see them get banned from next years contest for not participating this year. Thanks for the list and hopefully they will log on here soon and update us on how the seasons going for them!

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Once they check in they are not required to do anything else. Did they check in originally?

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

3. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    This morns update,,,14 Does and a small Buck,,,gimme a shooter dang it !

4. CowboyColby

CowboyColby Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man what an exciting day got on 4 shooters but was holding out for my buck or one bigger. Well found one bigger did a 350 yard plus crawl on my hands and knees missed a 47 yard shot low :(

Followed him to the fence line where I stole my bucks doe and watched them both disappear out of sight. Crazy day. Saw more bucks today than ever had some good opportunities but was holding out on the two biggest bucks. Easily a ten plus mile day today. I'm completely worn out. May try to get my back yard buck tomo can't decide

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

5. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Now thats a good day,,,awesome action, hope you get one of the two bigger ones!

6. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Man so close this morn guys,,this is why I hold out on the younger Bucks, its took two months and alot of hard work but I finally found a good one, I believe this is the same Buck that was under me the other eve when it got to dark. I had him at 32 yards broadside at one point but there was a 2" sapling covering his vitals, I didnt want to risk it. I had put the stealth cam there yesterday and as this was going down this morn he was in front of it twice. the second vid where he busted and came back right at the end where he stops you will see the sapling covering his vitals,, I was directly behind game cam 32 yards from where he stopped. These are vids, be sure and click on them!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  7. Greg / MO

Greg / MO Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dude... kudos to you for setting a self-imposed limit (even if it's on the fly as you go) and sticking to it... I'm holding three inches to the right of that sapling and letting the back muscles take over.

Hope you get 'im bro!

8. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck Crick.

Well I was pretty disappointed in how bad I missed that buck Saturday I figured it was just me tired from a long crawl and hike but wanted to check my bow just in case. So Sunday morning I shot my bow and it was way low. My 50 yard pin was dead on about 30 yards. My whole sight had been bumped I'm guessing from the long crawl and placing it out ahead of me I must of hit it on the ground. I got it sighted back in and am ready to go.

In other news I should be heading to Texas soon for a doe. This saturday starts the last rifle season here that goes until 12/15 so I either have to get out this week or wait two weeks for my buck.

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice videos! Shooter!

10. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Crick thats some cool video, man i hope u get another crack at him.

Hey guys, sorry for not checking in lately i was out in the boonies at deer camp no internet there. Well archery season starts back up here this sat, so ill be going out to my late season hunting grounds and getting my ground blind setup and get back into bowhunting. Winter has set in here since last friday and we now have about 8" of snow on the ground and its been cold. Im looking forward to getting back out with the bow.

11. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Crick thats some sweet video! Only a matter of time!

12. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Captn you didnt give up on us yet did ya ? Well I was planning on hunting the Buck I posted vids of this weekend in the mornings but got told im working Sat morn :( I will hunt him Sunday morn for sure! As long as im all the Does that hang around there the second Rut with the younger Does comming in should be a good thing and hopefully get me a shooter in range! I still have a month to get one on the ground. I dont throw in the towel till its over!

13. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Sunday Crick!

Tommoro is the last day I can hunt before 2nd gun season starts. The bucks are rutting hard and I will be out in the morning. I have a new tactic and we will see how it plays out. Hope to have a buck down in the morning

14. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Still here. Took a little time off from hunting. Frustration has set in more then anything but I will be back out Sunday and next week!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

15. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys today is the last day of Rifle here, bow opens back up tomorrow ill be back at it this weekend.

Here's one of the guys im after PICT0671.jpg

Good luck fellas, like crick said cant throw the towel in yet, i still got till jan1

16. Gyle

Gyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I've got one last shot with a bow coming up starting on the 3rd. Since October 20th its been rifle here in Northern NY and I have yet to see a buck while in the woods. I did see a really nice 6 near some public land on the way back from hunting in the heart of the Adirondacks. I haven't seen much for deer on the main property I hunt. Although I did go out on Wednesday and found at least 1 set of very fresh tracks of what I believe to be a decent buck. He had a heavy toe drag in the snow, a widely spaced set of tracks, and a wide and long print. The deer in my area are mostly moved to their winter yards now and their core area has shrunken considerably back to a creek that is lined with lots of Eastern Hemlock. I'm hunting hard with my .308 all weekend and hopefully on the 3rd I'm gonna give it one last week with the bow and then my seasons over. I still might hunt this weekend with my bow because where I plan to sit is only 25 yards to where the deer are running. I'm really thinking I'm going to use my bow instead.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  17. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well it took me awhile to find our thread but it looks as if a lot has happened since I've been on. :tu:

18. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok Marauder Update:

Two weeks ago I did a scout on a big ridge that I hunted years ago. I found a lot of deer sign back there and I planned on doing a late season hunt there, buuuuuut the way it turned out that I'm thinking some of my family members got word that there was a lot of deer activity back there and hunted it for gun season. Also one of them is still gonna hunt it for muzzleloader. So I feel that isn't an option now. Anyway yesterday I scouted another location yesterday. I walked quite a bit through the woods and since we have snow I saw the recent tracks. I found a runway that led me to a rubline. I found at least 12 to 15 rubs in a 100 yrd span. Now if this buck/bucks are still alive is another story. I put a stand up and will also put a trail camera soon. So stay tuned, it's not over. :tu:

19. CowboyColby

Dislikes Received:
    Picked the wrong side of a big rock and ended up 87 yards from him instead of about 34 :(

20. dsauer22

dsauer22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing much going on here recently. Bow season is out in pa til after Christmas. Seeing a few deer in rifle season so far but nothing to get excited over.