*Official* Team 10 Thread

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by DrawBackBowhunting, Apr 4, 2012.

1. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No birds this morning...no gobbles or anything but wind wind wind!!!...Oh, and I was eye to eye with a skunk in the dark this morning on the way in...good thing I'm quick and he went the other way....I thought for sure it was gonna get ugly!

2. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saw a few gobblers today but couldn't get any into bow range. It was a windy/rainy day so i'm not too worried about it. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice so i've got my fingers crossed that tomorrow is the day! Hope everyone has a good weekend!

3. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas...Il season is over for me...had one bird gobblin like crazy yesterday right up till 1 pm when you have to stop hunting here. Snuck out when he went behind a small timber line in the pasture in his strut zone. Woke up to wind and rain today and decided to set up as early as possible on him and got out there plenty early! Hung till the end at 1 and only saw one hen. No gobbles anywhere, no other birds. Hopefully I can make it back to Kansas for one more hunt before the season is over and get some points on the board....Good luck everybody!

4. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got it done this morning! Had 4 big gobblers come in to about 25 yards and I made a good shot on one of them. He wasn't the biggest of the group but he's still a great bird. He actually has two beards, which is very common around the area that we hunt. They measure 11" and 6". Only 7/8" spurs which is pretty average around here. I'll have pictures and his final score up tonight!! Happy Hunting!

5. mitchp21

mitchp21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    The official measurements of my bird are 11 1/8" beard & 6 1/16" beard, 1" spurs, and exactly 23 lbs. Score=77.375

IMG_0151.jpg IMG_0152.jpg IMG_0153.jpg

The bird on the far left is the bird I shot, you can tell by the white in his tail feathers!

6. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Mitch!!!! Nice pics too!!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

7. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bird. Ky has been a flop so Im just waiting til Indiana opens up wed. Took my little brother out and killed a nice one yesterday during yout season and saw a couple more good ones. Hurry up Wed....

8. tc3144

tc3144 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys...Just can't believe my season is over in Il...so I have planned another trip back to kansas! I am on a mission to get my first bow killed gobbler!!! Couple more weeks and I will be back in the blind!! Good luck to all.

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Mitch! I finally got out this morning for the first time this year. I had two gobblers coming and a pair of coyotes ran them off. Heard a lot of gobbling and worked a couple more birds until about 9am but they still had hens with them. I needed to get to work so I left them still gobbling.

10. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright fella's haven't been able to get on here in a few days. So here is the one I took Monday night when we finally got some rain and made'em come out in the fields. Pics are kinda blurry since it was raining but took some more in the garage when I got home. Here is the score from NWTF.
    Your score is 22.5 + 13.4 + 13.4 + 22 = 71.3
    IMG_2875.jpg IMG_2877.jpg

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  11. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like i will finaly get to head out this saturday and se if i can put 1 down. havent had any free time to go out since the saeson started. Wish me luck!