***Official Live From the Stand Thread 2021

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swamp Stalker, Jun 22, 2021.

1. picman

picman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Let's not forget about squirrels, turkeys, raccoons, possums, fishers, porcupines and grouse....

2. vermontwhitetail

vermontwhitetail Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Soccer today, Thursday and Friday afternoons. Hopefully get out for an hour Saturday evening and then Sunday morning and afternoon. Still nothing big on camera at my place, even though I've planted more food then ever before and had a bumper apple crop. May try a different spot on the ground Sunday afternoon where I wouldn't mind shooting a Doe and I know Bears are around. I won't shoot Does at the house, I dont have enough deer as it is.

Good luck slayers!

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck today guys.yesterday was a day trip to visit and shop with daughter. Then....Zero sleep all night! OMG It's been a while since that's happened..So tired..
    3 days of rain with dropping temps...buck hunting begins in earnest..hoping local tags have been filled with lesser buck already. Nearly all corn and alfalfa close by have been chopped.So roaming will start in earnest.

vermontwhitetail and tdk5525 like this.
  4. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Headed out now.

Had a different buck show up at my mock scrap at 0304 today. Then a pic of a big butt of a deer at 0600 ish.

Good luck am ers 1634116817473.jpg

5. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck MUD.. stick an arrow in that bad boy!

vermontwhitetail and MUDSHARK like this.
  6. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm starting to get daily buck pics now. Not too many during shooting hours but at least they are starting to move around some.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Haven't been to the property since I dropped the carcass from my buck off. Letting a friend hunt my stand/the property the rest of the year who only has access to public. Rather him try to shoot a big buck off of there than the neighbors. We are going to go set some of his tactacams on scrapes/rut areas this afternoon since it's going to be 30-40mph winds with rain.

Excited to check my cams. It's been just under a month since I checked them last.

8. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    No deer sitting , could swore that I could hear deer walking just out of range. Still kinda thick with trees still having leaves on. But the leaves are coming down.

I should be back out this afternoon.

I'm staying until 1030 ish then I'll climb down

9. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Won't know until this afternoon, but may get to get in first sit of the season this weekend. Going by the jobs list on my machine don't have much coming up. Afraid to ask as they'll likely find something :lol:

10. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had planned to hunt this afternoon. But feel like total crap with a head cold. So not going to push it tonight, need sleep!

If feeling better tomorrow, may give it a go. I really want to hunt this one spot, but need any good north wind. Don't have that today anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be going out in the morning. Moon phase is good for morning movement, we will see.

12. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just checked weather and got the wind I need for tomorrow. Just might have to make a short day of work tomorrow!

13. fowcbler

fowcbler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Heck yeah...praying for your health so you can get up and at 'em in the morning.
    I won't be out again until Thanksgiving week...hoping to knock out at least 2 more tags that week.

vermontwhitetail, gltomp and Holt like this.
  14. archbunk

archbunk Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You look ill, probably should go home early and "rest", lol

gltomp, MUDSHARK and Holt like this.
  15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Your probably right. Also shouldn't go home and infect the family. So what's left? Guess I can go sit in a tree! Haha

16. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Not live from stand but scouting...A. J. needed a long walk so we took the shorter block on a finally finished road. 2/3 around, this a bit under 4mile walk, we come to our land again. The swamp. I have avoided the swamp because it's bedding but also so wet this year. Well that was an ordeal. It normally is when I'm alone with clippers but A.J. on a leash was BAD. It's all underground streams, boot sucking muck and swamp grasses, fern, cattails, but mostly WILD ROSE AND POISON IVY. I have a ladder stand just in the upper edge of it. Ohh my how things can change a in a summer of wet. I had no more trails and I Kicked up a good buck bedded....right under the stand. Couldn't count points but wide and looked to have mass.. So I took the time to stomp down the path in and broke back an over grown Russian Olive and a massive rose Bush. I know ,I know leaving scent all over in his bedding...well this is so gowd awful thick and quick sand type of muck it had to be done to hunt. I do hunt it at least a couple of times a season. It's just this year there are several beds under stand, on trails and just all around the stand. Also several fresh rubs and being a swamp I can say deer tracks just everywhere and muck or not a few huge ones. I then tried cleaning up the trail. As we climbed the hill home . Found more fresh rubs at the next mid hill stand. That's so thick it may have to be shot gun...farther up more rubs near a blind built in a big beech and poplar. We have 3 days of rain coming, starting in the next hour or so. That should help. New hiking boots broke in up to ankle and A. J. Looked like mud monster....lol
    Ohhhhh and best discovery...grouse, grouse drumming on our land again...makes me one happy, happy person. Sad a good sized fairly fresh deer leg...thinking a bad shot on an early doe by a neighbor fed coyotes or a bear.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  17. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
  18. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    What are the temps there where you are?

19. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:

It's warm LC. It's been in 75+ range all wk. Right now it's 69

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  20. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    Cold front coming on Saturday. I have go to a stupid wedding. The wife's friend from college. ( 2 ND marriage )

:argue::deadhorse: