***Official Live From the Stand Thread 2021

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Swamp Stalker, Jun 22, 2021.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dropped the bow off at the shop yesterday for a tune up. More shafts arrive next week.

Part of me excited 'only 7 weeks!'... The other part of me frustrated 'have to wait for 7 more weeks!'...

2. axtell343

axtell343 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It almost looks like an elk when they wallow in a mudhole. Strange

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

3. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    you like it better than the Millennium M7? IIRC you also had one of those.
    the M7 is lighter, bigger, and cheaper. Seat is probably more comfie, too. Although looks like I would like the self-leveling system of the Novix.

4. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The seat is definitely more comfortable on m7. But the platform on the m7 was wider then I needed. When carrying on your back, I like the idea of having the platform narrower then my back. That way it doesn't catch and hit brush. The mounting on the tree, the Novix gets the win. Also if you include the weight of the mounting bracket on the m7, I feel like the m7 is heavier the the Helo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dnoodles and virginiashadow like this.
  5. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    Guess I'm a bit wider than you, lol.
    I also wear size 12s and usually rubber boots. I don't think I'd like a narrower platform with those cables right there. Saddle platform a bit different since they don't have those cables corralling your feet.

But hey, not everything is one size fits all and it's good to hear the comparison from someone who has used both.

6. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm treating it more like a saddle platform. I know it may sound weird but I like to be able to feel the cables. It's kind of a reference point/ another point of contact to keep a better balance. Still can tuck my toes under the cables and let my boots hang over. I was kind on the fence about width, but until I got it in my hands and stood on it, it's a non issue. I'm still thinking of taking the seat off and use in conjunction with the saddle.

dnoodles likes this.
  7. Ridgerunner3

Ridgerunner3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have a week off from work after this one. I'll either be traveling back home to NC or finally cutting much needed lanes in some new spots I found last season. I also have some fall plots that I need to start prepping for. I really need to have new strings put on my bow so I can start practicing with my new release. Damn I'm so far behind. So far.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

8. dnoodles

Dislikes Received:
    when I used my LW hand climber seat as my saddle platform I kind of liked to step /rest with my feet on the tree strap tubes. They were at a good/natural angle and took a lot of stress off my ankles.

Holt likes this.
  9. ash d

ash d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im doing a little touch up to my new spot. Last time I was up here putting it up I forgot the bow holder and pull up rope for my bow. Now I don't want to get down. IMG_20210718_173613.jpeg

Sent from my Z719DL using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

10. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Got a small digital scale today as I head into tuning soon. Ive never had one....Calibrated it. First field points I weighed from a well known manufacturer were off. Package marked at 100 grains...all of them weighed 85 grains. I then thought the calibration was off so I weighed several different 100 grain broadheads...they all hit accurately at 100 grains. Small stuff like shooting what you think are 100 grain field points only to really be shooting 85 can make a big difference if all of that component part weight inaccuracy adds up. Good investment for me.

dnoodles likes this.
  11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good catch! It is a good investment. I had the same thing happen. Now I have the scale I seem to weigh everything now! Haha

OhioHunter72 and virginiashadow like this.
  12. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That would be deadly if used for reloading cartridges :jaw:

13. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    My wife received a $500 amazon gift card work and split it with me. Impulsivity got the better of me and I bought a Summit open shot for the hand climber piece for a smaller/lighter platform and climbing method for saddle hunting.

14. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about buying a lone wolf hand climber and using it for the same purpose. But I got so much money in it now, I decided against it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Swamp Stalker likes this.
  15. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    For me it was an almost seamless transition for climbing, using my modified viper platform. I hate climbing sticks with a passion. I've never tried the LW hand climber, mainly because I was sketched out by peoples' "bolt mod" to fix the angle issue.

16. alenhard15

alenhard15 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Officially got the bug over the weekend… been slacking on my scouting this year since turkey season so I picked this up today and will get them out this week IMG_4247.JPG

Also need to get out and move a few cameras

17. S.McArthur

S.McArthur Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Let’s go!
    Got two sets of sticks up, need to trim some lanes, but they are in place. Need to get one/two more pre-sets up and I should have some good easy spots to get get to.
    I finally got a spot in the cedar thicket ready for late October early November ready. I always thought it was too thick, but once I got 20’ up, there a lot more shooting lanes than I could see from the ground. I have a good feeling about this spot, multiple trails converging, a ton of old rubs and scrapes I saw last season. Deer can see/scent check the field without breaking cover, hopefully this is the winner.
    F9369AAB-6084-44CD-A099-AA3941123D86.jpeg

18. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Just put in for my rutcation. Was either November 3rd - 14th or November 10th - 21st. Full moon Nov. 19th so 3rd - 14th it is.

Will also have 19th - 21st shotgun season(can use bow) and a 4 day weekend for Turkey day to get it done.

19 days in November to seal the deal, procrastinate and whine a little.

19. cole62895

cole62895 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Seems like we are in the same position every year come this time. Everything is ready to be set up by the end of May, with intentions to get up to the farm in June and July to get cameras running, prep stand sites, prep the food plots to be planted the first week of August. Here we are, less than two weeks left in July and the only preparation I have done is get the new V3 sighted in and comfortable with it.

MUDSHARK and Swamp Stalker like this.
  20. FingerMike

FingerMike Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just put mine in as well. I don’t have a bunch of time off so I put in for two Friday’s in November to make for two three day weekend hunts. So I’ll have 6 all day shots to get it done… here’s to hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

MUDSHARK and Swamp Stalker like this.