OFFICIAL Indiana Battle of the States Thread

Discussion in 'Other Deer Contests' started by tynimiller, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Goosepond Monster

Goosepond Monster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My thoughts as well. I'm lucky to get one deer even close to that on a camera in a year.

2. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I will be honest...two special bucks brewing here but a lot of unknowns and late stand prep due to life could make this year challenging. Will post pics soon.

3. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Well got word our brassica plots at the Swamp Property are popping...now if RD simply decides to not wait till December to be around in any kind of daylight this year could be really special. Other plots going into the ground this week at The Homestead....I feel like time escaped me greatly this year more than ever but life is what life is! Will have some pics to share here soon fellas...got a couple good ones brewing!

4. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the plots this weekend - hope you get some rain early next week! I got my food plots in 2 weekends ago. Soy Beans in one plot and Brassica, Clover, lightly seeded Soy Bean mix. Already had clover coming in after 5 days and the beans were taking to the soil. Got plenty of rain this past weekend and had some sun and heat this week! Off to a great start. Love planting in late August in Indiana - gives me 2 months for the plots to establish themselves and the weeds stay low when you plant late!

5. Bone Head Hunter

Bone Head Hunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We got 3 acres of soybeans in right before all this rain started. Need to get down and check them and add the forage oats and cover radish to the other 3 acres of that secluded field.
    Mowed the clover patches down and need to over seed them with cover radish also..

Several small kill plots will be going in over the next three weeks weather permitting!

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Honestly we've almost gotten too much rain...gonna check out the plot this week/weekend to see if it washed primarily into low areas and if seeding light spots are needed :)

7. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Just curious did I end up on another team? Or is this for all Indianaians to check in here ?

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  8. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Bloodcrick I don't think you signed up for the side contest which this is for did ya? Battle of the States is different than the bh.com regular contest, 1 buck only and separated by states. I very well may have missed ya in the BoS sign up thread though.

9. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Top two that have kept being consistent about being around so far (have moved more cameras around and should be getting some Non-nighttime photos sometime soon! ):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
  11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks...yeah property priorities are set to be changing somewhat from what was expected....the thought to be buck spot may have switch properties this year after the last two have been elsewhere :D Which I am perfectly okay with if it ends with one of these bad boys.

12. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pastorjim here. After last year I am ready to rock things. From the looks of Bonehead, this won't be no Milan underdog thing but rather a 1976 IU undefeated thang. It's just expected......Period!!

Blessings.........Pastorjim

13. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Spoonie08 here from southern Indiana. Things are already looking promising here for this season. Early camera checks are showing some good bucks and a shooter that was on my list last year is back. Lets show em how the Indiana boys get it done

14. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you just didn't JINX me Jim!

Howdy Spoonie!

On another note. We broke both of the disks we have trying to turn over the plots yesterday.

Nothing like having a double dose of back luck working plots! They will be fixed by the weekend.. But it sucks to not get work you planned on finished when the time is right to do it!

15. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good lord willing you have one of those bad boys down and on the board!

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    In a perfect season one will fall before Halloween because come Halloween weekend I'm in Kansas this year...still pinching myself that I am actually going. Can't justify the amount of money that has been and will be spent on that trip (hopefully a taxidermy bill will up it) but we don't have kids yet and the wife agreed if I'm gonna do it do it now!

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    TY I did sign up for the battle of the states, not sure what happened if my sign up didnt show up! no big deal!
    Well I went through the list and didnt see it, Im thinking I must have did it from my I phone where you have to hit done then save, I either didnt hit save or had not enough signal and it didnt go through. Its not a big deal, I meant to but apparently messed up. Looks fun guys, good luck and if you need an alt give me a shout if needed!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Dang...this is the judgement call I hate to make. If you are cool with not being in it I appreciate it. Just afraid if I let you in others will use the same thing and by others I mean the 30+ that have asked post deadline. :) Prolly those big fingers fault on that weee little phone screen :)

19. spoonie08

spoonie08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I say we take a vote and let Crick join us. I know its your call and all but i know he had to have tried to join before the deadline, just the technology let him down lol. Oh..and he kills big bucks haha

20. Bone Head Hunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gotta agree with Ty on this one... Will turn into a pissing match real quick!