Official G2G Agenda and Information

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting Get Together & Archery Fun Shoot' started by jfergus7, Apr 3, 2013.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The details are finally worked out for the shoot, so here is everything you need to know! Of course if you have questions, concerns, suggestions, etc please post them here and we'll do our best to respond quickly.

First and foremost, this event is OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. Whether you are a member of Bowhunting.com or not, have 20 years experience or 2 months, everyone is welcome to attend.

Remember - this is all for fun and bragging rights. This event is about getting together to fling a few arrows, enjoy some food, and talk hunting. Everyone is welcome to come out no matter what type of bow you shoot, how old you are, etc. If you like shooting a bow and talking hunting, you're welcome in our camp any day!

DATE

Saturday June 8, 2013

Coon Creek Hunt Club
    11050 Slough Road
    Garden Prairie, IL 61038

CLICK HERE FOR A MAP

COSTS

ENTRY FEE, 3D COURSE & LUNCH
    $20 per person includes your entry fee for the day, shooting the 3D course, lunch, entry to win door prizes, and participation in the Long Distance shoot. If for some reason you are not shooting, the cost will be $10 for lunch and a door prize ticket. For those who pre-registered, you will get your t-shirt when you sign in. A seperate thread has already been created for this and you must sign up to receive a shirt.

BOW RAFFLE
    $10 per person for entry into the bow raffle. At 1 pm we will be raffling off a brand new Mathews Creed bow along with a lot of other great prizes as well.

IRON BUCK CHALLENGE

$5 per person, winner takes 1/2 the pot.

DRINKS, DVD'S, STICKERS, ETC.
    Additional drinks, Bowhunting.com DVD's, stickers, shirts, hats, etc will be available for purchase throughout the day.

GARAGE SALE
    For those of you who have items you want to sell or trade, bring them out! There will be plenty of people there who may be interested in them.

AGENDA

8 AM
    Shoot Opens! All shooters must register at the front desk inside the clubhouse where you will get your score card for the range and be able to register for all the events. Once you've signed in you can start shooting.

8 AM - NOON
    Open shooting. Again, once you sign in you're free to start shooting. The practice range and 3D course will be open all morning. Shoot at your own pace. If you want to be entered to win prizes, your score card for the 3D course must be turned in at the front desk by noon. (more details below)

NOON - 1 PM
    Lunch! Hang around the clubhouse, make friends, talk deer hunting, grab a drink and enjoy some food.

1 PM
    Prizes will be awarded for 3D course followed shortly after by the Bow Raffle and Door Prizes.

YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!

1:30 PM
    Long Distance Shoot (Details below)

2:00 PM (or whenever Long Distance is over)
    IRON BUCK CHALLENGE (details below)

2:30 pm - DARK
    Open shooting. Practice range and 3D course will be open until dusk. Shoot as much as you want, or hang out and relax. It's up to you.

SHOOTING EVENTS

3D COURSE
    The couse consists of 15 Rinehart 3-D targets at unmarked distances. We'll try to keep the furthest shot under 45-ish yards. Each shooter will get 1 arrow per target. Targets will be scored 0 (miss), 5 (body), 8 (lungs), 10 (heart) and we will be keeping track of your 12 rings for purposes of a tie breaker.

You can shoot the course as often as you'd like, but your score only counts from your FIRST time through the course. All scorecards must be signed by both the shooter and a witness when being submitted for prizes.

Archers will break into groups of 3-5 people with everyone keeping score for someone else in your group. A signature from the scorer is required on the back or bottom of your scorecard for it to be considered official. If you keep your own score or fail to have the score keepers signature on your card you will be disqualified.

No rangefinders are allowed! Binoculars are okay.

In order to be eligable for prizes, you must be shooting a hunting setup. No scopes with magnification allowed, and no stabilizers over 12 inches. After all, we are a bowhunting website. :D

Crossbows are allowed on the course, but are not eligable for prizes.

Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. In the event of a tie, the 12 ring (x count) will determine the winner.

LONG DISTANCE SHOOT
    Depending on the size of our group, we will break up into 2 to 4 smaller groups for this event. Each group will shoot independantly of one another. Each participant will get one shot from an unknown distance. The two closest arrows to the center of the target will win that group and move on to the final. For the final round all shooters will get one arrow, with the closest to the center being the winner. The winner of this event will receive a new Can Cooker.

If you miss the target you are automatically eliminated.

IRON BUCK CHALLENGE
    All participants will get a single shot from a distance TBD. If you make it in the foam, you advance to the next round. If you don't, you're out (and so is your arrow). Each round we will move back 10 yards until we have a single winner. The winner of this event will take 1/2 the pot of monies collected.

get-together-archery-shoot-flyer-2013-web[4].jpg

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet glad its getting closer finally :tu:

3. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Bow requirements?
    target bow set ups are still not allowed right?

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is this what you're looking for?

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Cant wait boys!

6. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    You and me both!!! This is my favorite vacation of the year and it comes at the perfect time right after school ends! I will be arriving on Tuesday and looking forward to relaxing at camp and doing some fishing and chilling by the fire for several days!

7. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'll bring my pole up to do some fishing as well. I was going to ask you if we are able to do any bowfishing there?

8. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    No that are are not. Think if we were Christine would have already taken every fish in both ponds. Fish are small so no need for any big gear. I usually bring my ultralite gear.

9. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Okay I think Cole is bringing up his bowfishing setup and I was going to check it out. Just had to ask if we could go shoot some fish while we were there.

10. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure if you can go anywhere else in the area. I know they have a river that flows through the campground but we are not allowed to shoot fish on campground property. Might be able to go somewhere else nearby though.

11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah thats what we were thinking. If we cant its no big deal.

12. Born2Hunt

Born2Hunt Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sweet I can't wait sounds like a blast

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

13. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Quick question, how horrible will traffic be on 85 around Chicago? Im trying to figure out when I should go through...

14. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It all depends on the day you and time you are going to be driving through. When are you thinking?

15. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    85? Don't think we have an 85 in Chicagoland. What day are you coming out? Chicagoland traffic sucks if you drive it before 9am and from 4:00-7:00pm. I think coming from your direction you can avoid a bunch of it if you take 80 or 88 across. I would have to look at a map but that sounds like a better route

16. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably looking like Friday, the time can vary.

17. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol 90, sorry 85 runs into 90. I'll be coming from Cincinnati ...staying with some friends on the way up to break up the trip.

18. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im guessing friday will be pretty busy. You would probably be better off coming through early in the morning. Thats just my guess though.

19. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let me know what you think ferg.

20. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I think I would go around the city. Think it will save you time and going off Mapquest below it is 6 hour drive. If you left at 7am you would be miss the morning traffic and roll into camp around 1:30 or 2 before afternoon traffic starts.

<iframe style="height: 270px; width: 450px;" src="http://www.mapquest.com/embed?hk=ZjIas6" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>